Looking for seat advice

BBW

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a 2009 FZ6 this winter and love it so far.

One problem though. I'm a tall guy, six feet with long arms and legs and I feel a little cramped. I'm looking for a seat that will move me up an inch or two and maybe back about an inch. Anyone have suggestions? I'm looking to do some longer distance riding on this thing, so I don't mind paying to get a good seat.

Thanks,

Ben

BBW

Reaction score
Visit site
Should point out that I'm all legs and arms too. 33" inseam, so I'll be able to get my feet down no problem if the seat's up a little higher.

Ben

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm only 5' 10" and find the stock seat allows me to move around 2" back and forth. I feel like the seat is too long for me.
I believe the Top Sellerie design has a more pronounced hump in the saddle at the front which may throw you back a little from the tank.
You might also want to consider 1" up bar risers and possibly lower the pegs too. Somewhere here there is a recent post showing a member's bike with lowered pegs of about 1".

daredevil27

Reaction score
Visit site
Top Sellerie is a french manfacture and they have allot of customization. Im sure whatever you are looking for they have it. If not you could always do your own personal seat mod. Peel back the leather shave the back out or maybe add some gel, restretch and there you go.

http://www.topsellerie.com/

Willard

Reaction score
Visit site
Take your seat to an upholstery shop and have them build it up and recover. I got mine done at an Apple Glass shop here in Nova Scotia; they did a great job and only cost me $150 - a lot cheaper than a new seat. I'm very pleased with the seat.

Suggest you get lower pegs - Buell Lighting pegs can be modified with a bit of filing and work well on the FZ6.

Also get a set of bar risers.

The FZ6 can be set up to be quite a comfortable sport touring bike.

If you want excellent windshield coverage get a set of RoboBrackets and one of their Spider windshields.

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
The TS seat is pretty comfortable, and has the customization options you want. However, the pan that they make is their weak link. I would suggest having it built around a stock seat pan. You will have to send them one, but you will be much better off.

My TS seat pan is cracked. To their credit, they would have paid to have it shipped back to them repaired it for free. But my divorce got underway and it wasn't riding season so the bike got put out of my mind. When I remebered it a few months later, they were still willing to fix it for free. But they wanted me to pay to ship it to them. I am probably just going to move their padding to my stock pan and save the shipping, rather than risk paying the ~$70 shipping and getting another crappy TS pan.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Shoot a message to Spencer over at Spencer Moto Care - see what he has to say. I just got my seat re-done by him, and LOVE it - looks stock but it's night and day on a longer ride, especially with the Supracor. :thumbup: I didn't ask to raise it, but maybe he can suggest something. I'm 6'3, btw. I am considering lowering the footpegs, but that has to wait - i've spent way too much in preparation for this season.
I was considering TS, and they are fine seats, just like Corbin, but when i saw the cost of Spencer's work, I just had to try it, and I don't regret it.:rockon:

PS: Spencer really tries to turn the seat around as quickly as possible - i got mine back in a week.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Shoot a message to Spencer over at Spencer Moto Care - see what he has to say.

I was considering TS, and they are fine seats, just like Corbin, but when i saw the cost of Spencer's work, I just had to try it, and I don't regret it.:rockon:.

Spencer has mine just now. I am 6ft6 and I asked him to give me as much room as possible. I'll let you know what its like when I get it back (early next week!)