R6 cam in the FZ6

Also noted as a major difference in that article:

Group-Type" Mikuni 36mm throttle body fuel injection provides outstanding throttle response and excellent fuel economy. This system uses fewer sensors (5) than the R6"S" (7) while also being lighter and more compact.

Group fuel injection divides the four cylinders into two groups (1 & 4 and 2 & 3) with two injections of fuel for every 720 degrees of crank rotation (the R6"S" system utilizes a sequential injection for each cylinder).

Compact "high dynamic range" injectors use 4-hole / 2-direction spray type injectors. A high powered, compact 32 bit CPU controls the injection process. For 2007 the FI settings and mapping were revised for improved performance in the most often used speed ranges.

Also known as a "batch fire system."

I noticed where it said the intake runner tract was different. So either that has do with the way the TB's are different between the bikes are the heads are two different casts. If you dont find how much air the FZ can flow through the head you willl more than likely be wasting your time .

Putting the head on a flowbench and flowing the intake side will not be difficult. However flowing the exhaust will. If anyone plans on doing this. You need to come up with a way to make some short mock up headers to bolt onto the head. (A rapid prototype will work fine) They only need to be about a foot long or so. Having the headers on their effects the flow rate tremendously.

Hell if someone has an extra head around and would ship it to me I can do it here at school. Ill pay to ship it back.

-bryan

skeeterman426/Engineering - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Could be that the PCIII will automatically re-map the air intake/fuel parameters without doing any other changes to the motor. Then you should increase the the airflow in with an airbox mod, then do the exhaust. At least, that's my plan, GRUMPY

I already have a PCIII and exhaust but haven't done the airbox mod yet. From what I have read, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of gain besides more noise and a "throatier" sound.... I've been tempted to do it but just haven't had the time. Also, I'm putting off on the swap cause it's real spendy and I don't think the wife would appreciate 6 bills missing:rolleyes:

I already have a PCIII and exhaust but haven't done the airbox mod yet. From what I have read, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of gain besides more noise and a "throatier" sound.... I've been tempted to do it but just haven't had the time. Also, I'm putting off on the swap cause it's real spendy and I don't think the wife would appreciate 6 bills missing:rolleyes:

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...

-bryan

Back