Quick Tire Poll

Which Tire have you gotten the best millage out of???

• Sportec M3 Supersport

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Battlax BT-014

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battlax BT-015

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battlax BT-016

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Conti Sport Attack

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Michelin Pilot Road

Votes: 50 75.8%

• Total voters

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Once the OEM's wore out, I ran a Pilot Power F/Pilot Road 2 R combo.

I got about 10,000km out of the Power before it turned into a Toblerone. But got a whopping (and there was still good tread left) 18,000km out of the Road 2.

Now running M3's, we'll see how they go :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
5300k's (3290 miles) on my Metzeler Z6 Interacts & i will never buy another brand or model tyre..... These things are insanely Fantastic :rockon:... Super fast warm up , stick like $h!t to a blanket , excel in the wet & appear to be getting brilliant wear :thumbup:

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be voting "none of the above" in the poll . . . .

I've replaced the stock Dunlop D252s with Dunlop Sportmax RoadSmarts and love 'em . . . have done about 3000 miles, winter/summer dry/wet and they look like new :thumbup:

I had a very quick trawl around and found rather a big choice of tyres, Race/Qualifiers/Sport/Touring - Single and Dual Compounds.

It's always interesting to see the sorts of milage that can be got from the different tyres and brands :D

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
5300k's (3290 miles) on my Metzeler Z6 Interacts & i will never buy another brand or model tyre..... These things are insanely Fantastic :rockon:... Super fast warm up , stick like $h!t to a blanket , excel in the wet & appear to be getting brilliant wear :thumbup:

this.

Got 15,000 miles out of the last pair, I think. Maybe it was 14,500? Either way I got another pair this time. Couldn't ask for more.

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty good comparison was between my FZ6 and the wifes GSR600.

The GSR had stock BT016 fitted and mine had the stock BT020 fitted.

I do more miles than the wife, and most of her riding is with me so the tyres have been subject to very similar wear.

The BT016 lasted 4500 miles by which point the rear was pretty much on the very limit of legal.

The BT020 I replaced at 7500 miles with probably another 500 miles of legal riding left in them.

Now running BT021 on the FZ which so far (500 miles) are performing well, even ran them in on a wet day without any issues (apart from riding gently).

bogdani0405

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

When I bought the bike, both of the tires wear was to the limit, so I changed them to Dunlop Qualifier's. I find them good tires, rode in the rain and they were sticky, they gave me confidence. I have to say that in Romania the asphalt is not as good and grippy as I saw in Germany or Austria, so for me they work. I have ridden on them for 1000 miles and I don't see significant wear.

When you buy a tire you have to bear in mind that sport tires will not last as long as street tires and the fact that a tire wears down faster or slower as a consequence of your riding style. So before buying a tire, first, think of yourselves and what you need.

Asfalt uscat