Questions for the opposite sex!

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this and thought it was fun. We all have questions about the opposite sex but do we ever get real answers? If you have a question or insiteful answer post em up!

My first question

Guys: When we ask you what you are thinking, and you say nothing is your mind really that blank?

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope... after hearing such a question, most guys are stalling and trying to determine if it's a trick question.

Men realize that our answer can be taken several different ways, and we're trying to eliminate as many of those "variables" as possible before answering.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
When we ask women the same question, you will usually say the exact opposite of what you're actually thinking... and it can mean thousands of different things that us men have to analyse and react to... and hopefully we get it right (very rarely)...

We answer "nothing" cause we really don't care, and just want you to leave us alone and go cook/clean something while we watch the game.

:D:D:D

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
When we ask women the same question, you will usually say the exact opposite of what you're actually thinking... and it can mean thousands of different things that us men have to analyse and react to... and hopefully we get it right (very rarely)...

We answer "nothing" cause we really don't care, and just want you to leave us alone and go cook/clean something while we watch the game.

This.

/thread

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit off topic, but I've known and dated girls who wanted to remain "mysterious" to me (I guess so I wouldn't lose interest), and yet they would blab on about every little thing that goes through their head...hence leaving no mystery.

Guys are the opposite. We hate sharing our feelings. We suck at it. So when you ask us what we're thinking, we usually panic trying to think of something meaningful (because we were just thinking about our motorcycle, or how hungry we are), or we just don't feel like sharing.

Being married, I like to think that I'm getting better at sharing my feelings with my wife, but I still frustrate her on a constant basis. It's just part of life. Men and women are very different.

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site

Do you think you would really prefer absolute honesty?

I can't stand you right now?
Man so & so is so hot..
Why do you stink so bad? Etc etc. LOL

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site

Man so & so is so hot..

Well, if you don't give honest answers, don't expect to get any back.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com

Man so & so is so hot..

Actually, yeah, I think I would.

Lying to somebody in order to spare yourself the pain of being honest is pretty lousy. And I'm not just talking about women here. Plenty of men do this too.

Fred

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
as far as getting honest answers back I guess I kinda live by the only ask questions you already know the answers to. Thats why I thought this thread was cool. I could ask my hubby the same questions and he'd try his hardest to say exactly what he thought I wanted to hear. I guess I just like hearing other peoples thoughts and questions.

the psych major coming out in me. LOL

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
So when you ask us what we're thinking, we usually panic trying to think of something meaningful (because we were just thinking about our motorcycle, or how hungry we are), or we just don't feel like sharing.

Hit the nail on the head. My mind wanders constantly, so asking what I'm thinking about cannot possibly yield a single answer.
What I usually say is, "random crap," because that's the truth.

Now I have one for the fairer sex; Why do you get so offended when we look at other women? We just can't help it....

Last edited:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
When faced with the question I'm usually thinking nothing...
-how NOTHING i ever do is good enough for you
-how NOTHING is ever your fault
-how NOTHING i do in the yard counts as house work
-how you do NOTHING about the maintenance on your car
-how NOTHING i cook on the grill counts as making dinner
-how many times i am reminded i got you NOTHING for our anniversary even though we both agreed we would get each other NOTHING
-how the silence of NOTHING is always punctuated with your shrill voice
-how i wish the space you were now occupied was currently filled with NOTHING

yeah i'd say i am honestly always thinking about nothing

Edit: /sarcasm

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
-how many times i am reminded i got you NOTHING for our anniversary even though we both agreed we would get each other NOTHING

Wow, I sense a little bitterness? :D

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site

That was great.

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
What women mean when they say…

Fine:

This is the word women use at the end of any argument that they feel they are right about but need to shut you up. NEVER use “fine” to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of those arguments.

Five minutes:

This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the trash, so they feel that it?s an even trade.

Nothing:

This means something and you should be on your toes. “Nothing” is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. “Nothing” usually signifies an argument that will last “Five Minutes” and end with the word “Fine”.

Go Ahead (with raised eyebrows):

This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over “Nothing” and will end with the word “Fine”.

Go Ahead (normal eyebrows):

This means “I give up” or “do what you want because I don?t care”. You will get a raised eyebrow “Go Ahead” in just a few minutes, followed by “Nothing” and “Fine” and she will talk to you in about “Five Minutes” when she cools off.

Loud Sigh:

This is not actually a word, but is still often a verbal statement very misunderstood by men. A “Loud Sigh” means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over “Nothing”.

Soft Sigh:

Again, not a word, but a verbal statement. “Soft Sighs” are one of the few things that some men actually understand. She is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe and she will stay content.

Oh:

This word followed by any statement is trouble.

Example; “Oh, let me get that”. Or, “Oh, I talked to him about what you were doing last night”. If she says “Oh” before a statement, run, do not walk, to the nearest exit. She will tell you that she is “Fine” when she is done tossing your clothes out the window, but do not expect her to talk to you for at least 2 days. “Oh” as the lead to a sentence usually signifies that you are caught in a lie. Do not try to lie more to get out of it, or you will get raised eyebrows “Go ahead” followed by acts so unspeakable that I can?t bring myself to write about them.

That?s Okay:

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can say to a man. “That?s Okay” means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you retributions for what ever it is that you have done. “That?s Okay” is often used with the word “Fine” and used in conjunction with a raised eyebrow “Go Ahead”. At some point in the near future when she has plotted and planned, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

Please Do:

This is not a statement, it is an offer.

A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance to tell the truth, so be careful and you shouldn?t get a “That?s Okay”.

A woman is thanking you. Do not faint, just say you?re welcome.

Thanks A Lot:

This is much different than “Thanks”. A woman will say, “Thanks A Lot” when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have hurt her in some callous way, and will be followed by the “Loud Sigh”. Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the “Loud Sigh”, as she will only tell you “Nothing”.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hit the nail on the head. My mind wanders constantly, so asking what I'm thinking about cannot possibly yield a single answer.
What I usually say is, "random crap,' because that's the truth.

That is so true. My response is usually "nothing earth shattering". It is true, my mind wanders a lot. Girls really don't seem to care that I am thinking about my pending UOA from BlackStone Labs, or the better brake pedal feel my new carbon ceramic pads gave my car, or how well the new car wax I tried beads water, or how much beer is in the fridge. When told this useless information, women give blank stares. Much in the same way guys stare off into the distance when a S/O asks what shoes she should wear.:eek:

And yes, sometime our minds are blank, like in the 15 minutes after a meal.