questions about the FZ6

2-stroke

Reaction score
Visit site
It is time for me to sell my old RD350 and get somthing that is a little more reliable, a little more comfortable for myself, and a little more comfortable for my girlfriend. She would realy like a crusier but I still want some performance. I want her to be happy and go for two plus hour rides with me. My question are

1) How comfortable is the FZ for passengers she is short 5' 3"
2) Would you recommend buying used or new?
3) a 2004 is in the price range that will keep my girlfriend happy is their any big changes from year to year?
4) What do most of you pay for insurance? I am 23 and no accidents or tickets?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you going to marry this chick?

1) How comfortable is the FZ for passengers she is short 5' 3"
2) Would you recommend buying used or new?
3) a 2004 is in the price range that will keep my girlfriend happy is their any big changes from year to year?
4) What do most of you pay for insurance? I am 23 and no accidents or tickets?

1) My lady is 5'3" as well; we go on all day 400+ mile trips with just your normal stiffness at days end. Having a top case (or sissybar) and a properly trained passenger makes a huge difference. The passenger grab bars on the FZ6 are excellent.

2/3) That's your call. I always buy used and the FZ6 is a great candidate when it comes to quality used bikes, but again, your financial situation etc. etc. will dictate. There were some improvements that came with the 2007 but nothing too major...the pre2007 is still a great bike. I'd go for a used 2007 or a new black 2008 if I were buying again.

4) I pay $18X/year from foremost insurance, a MI company. I'm 25 and I pay for state mins + theft.

EDIT - how much you selling the RD for?

I'd consider the Honda VFR as well.
________
Avandia Settlement Info

Last edited:

2-stroke

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not sure how much I am going to sell the RD for. Depends on how much work I get done on it. It needs to be painted and a few other cosmetic issues.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, keep the RD!! If it's an LC the engine from a Banshee ATV is the same and NOS parts are still readily available.

I wish I had kept my 2-stroke street bikes...boo hoo..

2-stroke

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I wish it was a LC it is a 1975 that is all cafed out. Fun little bike, bought it as a project to get it running with my dad (he owned on when he was my age) I am yet to get on a bike with a power band like the two stroke I hope to some day at least drive if not own a LC RD500.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I wish it was a LC it is a 1975 that is all cafed out. Fun little bike, bought it as a project to get it running with my dad (he owned on when he was my age) I am yet to get on a bike with a power band like the two stroke I hope to some day at least drive if not own a LC RD500.

Never mind.

I think you will find the FZ6 nice and revvy and comfortable.

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought that the FZ6 was the best replacement I could afford for my 84 RZ350... Wow, so much cheaper to run! Although I still love my RZ and still have it (original owner)...

The FZ6 is great for two up riding as far as my wife and I are concerned...

Buy what you can afford...