Question on fairing/headlight mounting points

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
I got this headlight off ebay and the pictured mounting points are broken off. I haven't disassembled the fairing yet so I'm not sure what exactly mounts or screws into these. 3 out of 4 are broken off (The red pen is pointing to the 1 good one, arrows point to mounts that are broken off.), so if they are essential for a solid finished fairing then that's not so good. Anyone know?
phil_rc_1-albums-family-picture2103-fz6-headlight-001.jpg

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe they are what bolt onto the fairing stay, in other words what holds the headlights to everything else.

Rubber grommets go around the "nub" and then you screw it into the stay.

I've got a spare headlight assembly if you want to buy it. Only damage is upper left bracket(just barely in your picture, that screws into fairing) is broken off but can be epoxied and would be stronger than before.

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I haven't disassembled my fairing yet so I don't know the full extent of the damage, but I know both headlight lenses are broken. I think I can at least use the lens off of this one to fix mine.

Thanx for the offer, I'll get back to you is I find out that I need the whole housing.

BTW: I got a 50% refund on the one from ebay. Since I believe that the seller was being intentionally deceptive, I probably should have pushed for a full refund but I figured that I can at least use the lenses.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the mounts are broken off and you need to have something (the old nubs) to epoxy back on. I have one broke, rt side. Yours appears to be missing most of them. It will literally only bolt on with what nubs are left.

Mine is still broke, but its only one and there is some play inbetween the stay and the headlight assembly.

I'd be jumping on SovietRobots headlight as long as he has the broken nub (or bust one off yours and attach to his). What you have now is about useless IMHO...

Good luck..

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
Better than nothing I guess. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it?

$75 + sh. I thought that was a decent deal until it turned out to be broke. I may get mine apart today, so I should have a plan of attack tonight.

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, what people think is "Perfect condition" !!???

I've been spending my time repairing a Ninja 650 to resale so I still haven't done anything with the FZ6. I'm in no rush as it is rideable as-is, and I will proably keep the FZ for the wife. As long as I get to it before spring, she's fine with it.