question on buying a fz-6

rtitan

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently saw a fz-6, and in the description it says it was a track bike and the seller has no papers, the bike was never registered.

If I were to buy it how would I even consider registering the bike to ride on the road?

Is it safe to buy a bike that was used on the track??

J

jsteinb95

I recently saw a fz-6, and in the description it says it was a track bike and the seller has no papers, the bike was never registered.

If I were to buy it how would I even consider registering the bike to ride on the road?

Is it safe to buy a bike that was used on the track??

no papers? never reigstered? Maybe it's stolen?!?!?!?

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd:
a. Have a shop look the bike over carefully before putting down money, and
b. Contact your local DMV to see what kind of hassles you'll have getting it registered.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
I know several people who have "track bikes". Track days can be a blast, and often people will have a bike set up for track use only, will trailer it to the track, and have a day of fun. Often these bikes have been in a wreck when they were originally street bikes, and rather than fork out a fortune fixing them back up for street use, they get converted for track use. Track bikes are definately not legal on the street.

Definately take precautions looking at such a bike if you want a bike for street use. As others have said, check the VIN to see if it's been stolen. Have it looked at by someone who knows what they're doing so you can find out what it's going to take (and how much it's going to cost) to get it set back up for street use.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The DMV should also be able to tell you if it is a salvage title. He should have received a Certificate of Origin at the time of purchase, and even if it was never registered should have been titled.