Question for those with full fairing

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm toying with the idea of the full fairing (OEM, ordering from Canada):Sport:. The question is this: For those who have ridden both the semi-naked FZ6 sold here in the States and a fully faired version, did you notice a difference in the ride or handling charateristics of the bike by adding the lower fairing? It seems to me you would incur less wind and perhaps more stability at freeway speeds, but I'd like the input of those who know. Thanks!

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll let you know next week............Mine are at the paint shop right now!

Excellent! Powerbronze looks like a good choice. For the '07s, it's OEM or import JMV Concept from Europe. If I pull the trigger, I'll get the OEMs. Do let me know if it makes a difference. Thanks.

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wonding if anyone with the full fairing noticed their engine running hotter since there is not as much wind cooling the engine. I was thinking about getting the full fairing and use them during the summer to keep some of the engine heat off of my legs, but I am afraid that it will make the bike run hotter.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I seem to notice the the bike is a bit more stable at higher speeds (50mph and up).
Also (and I have no explanation for this), it seems that there is less "head-wind", - somehow the turbulence pattern around the entire front of the bike have been changed, - so I now feel less stress on my upper torso and helmet when driving.

Regarding the temperature, - I haven't noticed any significant increase, - could be that it runs just a tad hotter, - but it's next to nothing.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wonding if anyone with the full fairing noticed their engine running hotter since there is not as much wind cooling the engine. I was thinking about getting the full fairing and use them during the summer to keep some of the engine heat off of my legs, but I am afraid that it will make the bike run hotter.

The engine does tend to run a little hotter, that I've noticed. It doesn't keep the heat off really, or not that I've noticed, if anything I find that late evenings it tends to keep me warmer.

The comment about less turbulance appears to be correct as well. Best thing is when it does rain and I'm out it keeps more of the water off me as well. I wouldn't do without the lower fairing now.

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll let you know next week............Mine are at the paint shop right now!

Just went to powerbronze website and they finally have lowers for 07+! Much nicer looking than OEM and a lot less $ before painting. Can I ask what it cost you to get yours painted? Is it done yet? Pics?

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
higher speeds? 50mph? :rolleyes:

Hehe, I was expecting like 100mph and up as higher speeds :rockon:

I couldn't tell you whether it's more stable than without the lowers, since the only time I've been around 140mph was after I had the lowers fitted, and it was a nice clear day - but still gets windy at that speed :eek: I hasten to add that such speeds are not legal in the UK, so obviously I can't have been in the UK at the time ;)

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
Just went to powerbronze website and they finally have lowers for 07+! Much nicer looking than OEM and a lot less $ before painting. Can I ask what it cost you to get yours painted? Is it done yet? Pics?

Picking them up on Tuesday. Charging me $150.00. Not bad since the paint was $85.00 for a half pint. Plus it's being done right, I know I couldn't do as could a job!

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site

They have actually had the 07+ full fairings on their website for over a month now at least. I have had my bike for 4 weeks now and ordered the lower fairings for the 07+ the week i got the bike.. the only problem is...THE FAIRINGS ARE NOT EVEN FULLY PRODUCED YET...:eek: after ordering, they tell me that the "its a new item and they are still being completed in production" here is a copy of the latest email.

Dear Thomas

Sorry for the delay, the brackets have been a living nightmare for us, and they are only just going through quality control next week again as soon as we have a definite shipping date I shall be in contact with you again.

Thank you for your patience with this matter, we just need to make sure that these brackets are secure and correct.

Warm regards

Stephanie Webb
European/USA Web Account Administrator
Tel: 01903 783222
Fax: 01903 783333
E-mail: [email protected]

so apparently the items are not even completely produced yet. this is annoying since they waited till after i ordered and didnt mention anything about it on the wedsite.

as for the paint, i have a local shop painting both of my lower fairings, my stock rear hugger/chain gaurd, the little black side/seat fairings, and my tcp seat cowl, all for about $450. Not too bad i suppose.

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site

They have actually had the 07+ full fairings on their website for over a month now at least. I have had my bike for 4 weeks now and ordered the lower fairings for the 07+ the week i got the bike.. the only problem is...THE FAIRINGS ARE NOT EVEN FULLY PRODUCED YET...:eek: after ordering, they tell me that the "its a new item and they are still being completed in production" here is a copy of the latest email.

Dear Thomas

Sorry for the delay, the brackets have been a living nightmare for us, and they are only just going through quality control next week again as soon as we have a definite shipping date I shall be in contact with you again.

Thank you for your patience with this matter, we just need to make sure that these brackets are secure and correct.

Warm regards

Stephanie Webb
European/USA Web Account Administrator

so apparently the items are not even completely produced yet. this is annoying since they waited till after i ordered and didnt mention anything about it on the wedsite.

as for the paint, i have a local shop painting both of my lower fairings, my stock rear hugger/chain gaurd, the little black side/seat fairings, and my tcp seat cowl, all for about $450. Not too bad i suppose.

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm toying with the idea of the full fairing (OEM, ordering from Canada):Sport:. The question is this: For those who have ridden both the semi-naked FZ6 sold here in the States and a fully faired version, did you notice a difference in the ride or handling charateristics of the bike by adding the lower fairing? It seems to me you would incur less wind and perhaps more stability at freeway speeds, but I'd like the input of those who know. Thanks!

Handling wise it feels the same. The temperature runs hotter if you're stuck in the city traffic. I have less heat near my leg area. My engine looks clean when a took a peek in it.

N it sure looks great. :thumbup:

here's mine
1_911900121l.jpg