Puting out the feelers on breaking...

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I was rear end shunted off my 2009 FZ6 S2 a few weeks ago. Well, the bike has been written off and valued at £4465, slightly low due to the high (14,000) mileage...

I have been offered salvage based on 10% of the book value, so £450ish. What I want to know is, is it worth bringing it home and breaking it myself? Does anyone have any experience of this? Will I be able to shift all the parts and make back some cash?...

Also if anyone is interested in any of the parts, let me know ASAP to help me make a decision. I said I'd phone the assessor back sometime tomorrow, short notice I know, sorry. Based on what I recall, most parts forward of the seat are fine, but I'm going down to the bike shop in the morning to check, I've attached a picture. I reckon the most value lies in the engine, forks, clocks, headlights, front wheel, fuel tank and brake caliper/discs. It's a UK 2009 S2 in Autumn Orange with 14*** miles.

Any input to help me decide on what course of action to take will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Jon.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
i think you could make your money back easy.
The forks are well sort after because of the bigger brakes
The speedo is also sort after for the the newer conversion and stuff like the tank and engine should all sell if you dont outprice them

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
pm sent!

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)