Puig Touring Screen

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
I've just ordered the following touring screen, hopefully it will arive in this week while im still on summer vacation.

BS-Motoparts Store - Tuning, Styling & Protection.

I have been driving with the standard Yamaha windscreen, which isn't good enough for me. I like touring at highway speeds, which is 130 kph (in Denmark).

I will post my experience with this screen when I have it mounted.

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope for your sake it doesn't take as long as mine did. I was notified twice, while waiting for it to come in, that it was backordered. I waited over two months.

viper94bite

Reaction score
Visit site
i waited quite a while for mine too. and now that its here I wish it was a few inches taller. wind still hits me in the neck.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Towa..I can tell you the result now...it is not a lot different from the stock screen.

How do i know??

Well the Puig Db is on the bench in my shed and my chopped down stock screen is on the bike...it is far better than the Puig.

Steve

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Taller screens will not work...taller screens will not work...they only cause turbulance.

ask the guys on the naked bikes what turbulance they get...I think the answer will be nil.

Search for my stock screen mod if you want to get rid of turbulance.

Steve

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
well I mounted a Puig Racing screen on my 2007 FZ6 just yesterday, and I think it's great. I'm 6'3 and it makes a whole lot of difference and plus it looks great too.

Riding the highway at 110 mph with this screen feels like 65 with the stock screen. Of course there's still some turbulence, especially when there's a lot of traffic, but compared to the stock screen it's waaaay better. The ride is much smoother, at any speed.

Keep in mind I have the Racing Screen, don't know about the Puig Touring screen...

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I got my '08, the first highway stretch scared the crap out of me. My helmet felt like it was going to be ripped off my head and my head was like a bobble doll in a wind tunnel. I immediately ordered and installed the Puig Racing DB... ALL the difference in the world! No more bobble head, wind deflects to the top of the visor and right on over my head. Best damned money I've spent on mods!

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
Towa..I can tell you the result now...it is not a lot different from the stock screen.

How do i know??

Well the Puig Db is on the bench in my shed and my chopped down stock screen is on the bike...it is far better than the Puig.

Steve

Hi Steve - thanks - I will give it a try anyway (now that it's paid for :rolleyes:)
However if it is not working, i will cut my standard screen as You described. Did You travel long with the cut down screen?

/Torben

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a windscreen that is similar to this. I'm not sure what brand it is, I got it off Ebay a year ago. I looked up the Puig Racing Screen for the FZ6 and other than the decals, they look the same.

I like it, I felt the same with the factory windscreen, where it was about to rip my head off. The other windscreen added 3-4 inches to the hight, moving the wind flow up to above my shoulders, rather than hitting me mid chest. (sitting upright)

-PD

hugger10

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my tourning screen the other day, no chance to test it yet as It's either been raining or dark out whenever i have the time to ride. But it looks good.

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got mine now - and mounted it. The screen dosn't fit 100%, as another thread in this forum descibes. However fittet carefully the existing plastic screws can be used. Please see the followingf pictures:

However I will have to find a more permanent fix to the screw issue.

On the highway - its now possible to duck under the screen, but I have to lie ower the tank. Sitting in an upright position the wind now hits my neck and the shoulders, which mean that I do not any longer have the wind turbulence on my helmet.

It will stay on there for a while.