Puig windscreen, racing or touring for Fast street and motorway driving.

Paulie Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
For those who have both, I was wondering how the racing windscreen fair'd out for those who installed one?
I'm tossing up between that and the touring/higher screen, the racing one does look sexy! does it offer better protection than the OEM ?

Any thoughts appreciated folks! :)

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I've tried many options so my opinion is based only on me experiences. Assuming you have a '07 or later this is what I found. By the way your height is all important. I'm 6'1"( in the morning, I shrink an inch later) and I have Suburban - kind- of -dropped - bars. The stock screen exposes a needless amount of my torso to wind blast but at least my helmet is in clean air so there is no buffeting The Touring Puig is awful! The blast is aimed at the bottom of my helmet, can you say turbulence? The racing Puig is a little better but still too much noise and buffeting. I experimented and noticed if I stretched out my neck like a turtle the racing was much better. So I ground off 1.25" from the top and for the first time I'm a happy camper. Best of both worlds IMO.

Paulie Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'2 and the oem screen ain't doing much, i'l give that a whirl cheers!
Anyone else tried different screens wanna chime in :)

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the MRA touring screen. Basically the stock screen with an adjustable foil.
3f8f854b004083e199305a62fc3e4b82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is Puig, not sure which tho. Its taller than the mirrors and me at 5'11" w 32" inseam seems to be OK.
Bike has FZ1 bars.
IMG_20150120_153856_669_zpsb58f6e48.jpg