Puig Clip on Visor with OEM Touring Screen

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have this combo? Just trying to limit the buffeting on the highway.. Just trying to get a feeling before I drop over $100 on a little piece of plastic..

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Givi windshield - FZ-6 '04-06' : YAMAHA FZ6 WINDSHIELD - it's a few inches taller than stock. I'm around 5-11, and with this, the wind hits me above the neck but still on the helmet. So I don't really get any buffeting, but I still very much get the wind noise (thus earplugs). I didn't really realize the diff. it made until I asked a question about best bang-for-the-buck in keeping warm in the winter, and ppl mentioned neck gators, etc. I've never been cold on my neck b/c the the windshield is pushing the wind above it... duh. (well, that or I have no neck)

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an update - rode with it on today for the first time on the highway and a huge difference in buffeting on my helmet.. Much smoother now.. I have the OEM touring Screen and am 5'11" tall..

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I am have the Puig Racing Screen and I am wanting to get the MRA-XCREEN clamp on but not sure if it would fit.
How wide apart are the clamps on the Puig and how tall of a spoiler did you end up getting?

Thanks