Powerbronze lowers install on late model (07-09) FZ6

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently purchased Powerbronze lowers from another forum member. Unfortunately, he did not have the install instructions. I have searched the forum (and internet) for them and found them for earlier models, but did not have a luck finding them for late model FZ6s. I also contacted Powerbronze, but they did not send me anything either.

So, I thought, I would create this little write up for others who may be in the same boat as me down the road. It is not a hard install job and can be done without install instructions, but, these instructions will hopefully save you some time trying to figure out which bracket goes where and make your job easier. :)

View attachment 26099

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+2 on seeing it - perhaps even in person (if you are near Richmond and up for a ride on the Fizzers some time).

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all.

I took pictures of the finished product, but the pictures turned out very bad for some reason (they looked fine on the camera, but were horrible when transferred to computer). I will take pictures again when the weather is nicer and post them.

I am around DC area and do not go down to Richmond area all that often. However, I might be down there every weekend in June if I can get my schedule straight enough to take the VA ridercoach training program.

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine thru Singapore Distributor, It came with the instructions clearly on where to mount all the brackets. Only thing that I'm unhappy is that, they shipped the lowers over without any protection layers... although they came glossy black but mine came scratched...

Here is my humble photos:

SNC00048.jpg

Oh by the way, If you managed to solve the frame slider problem do let me know.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/24168-s2-powerbronze-lower-fairings.html

Last edited:

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here it is. Because the paint texture on the fairing does not quite match the rest, it doesn't quite match the rest of the bike even though it is same color. So, now, the question is should I get the fairings repainted or the whole bike to a different color? :confused:

View attachment 26163 FZ6_with_Powerbronze2.jpg

I got mine thru Singapore Distributor, It came with the instructions clearly on where to mount all the brackets....

Oh by the way, If you managed to solve the frame slider problem do let me know.

Instruction problem usually comes up when you buy things from private parties. :)

Yes, one of the bolts is clearly in the way of where a normal frame slider would go. If I find something (or find some other creative solution), I will post it.