Power Commander??

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick stupid question. Is a Power Commander generic or a different one made per bike? As in, can I buy one now for my FZ6, and later use the same Power Command for a FZ1??

To some of you, I am sure that seems a dumb question, but its a lot of money to me. Thanks

Quick stupid question. Is a Power Commander generic or a different one made per bike? As in, can I buy one now for my FZ6, and later use the same Power Command for a FZ1??

To some of you, I am sure that seems a dumb question, but its a lot of money to me. Thanks
They are bike specific. Go to their site. They will list the one for your bike. Also there is a model for off road/track use and a street model. The street model (EX) can't remap the lower RPM range but the track can.

http://www.hyperformanceparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=12_36_158&products_id=3443

Cliff

Last edited:
Soviet is right, the difference is in the harness. If you were lucky enough to get another bike that had the same harness plug, you'd be able to migrate a PC from bike to bike. I suppose it could happen if the bikes were from the same manufacturer, but I wouldn't count on it.

It's not a dumb question, they aren't necessarily cheap. Best of luck...

Last edited:
Quick stupid question.

No question is dumb. Only dumb answers.

So here is my dumb answer, I have no idea about differences in the power commanders because I haven't looked at any others. With that being said, they do sell different ones for different bikes on their website. Easiest way to find out is to give them a call :thumbup:

-Manas.

Back