Power Commander??

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick stupid question. Is a Power Commander generic or a different one made per bike? As in, can I buy one now for my FZ6, and later use the same Power Command for a FZ1??

To some of you, I am sure that seems a dumb question, but its a lot of money to me. Thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick stupid question. Is a Power Commander generic or a different one made per bike? As in, can I buy one now for my FZ6, and later use the same Power Command for a FZ1??

To some of you, I am sure that seems a dumb question, but its a lot of money to me. Thanks
They are bike specific. Go to their site. They will list the one for your bike. Also there is a model for off road/track use and a street model. The street model (EX) can't remap the lower RPM range but the track can.

http://www.hyperformanceparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=12_36_158&products_id=3443

Cliff

Last edited:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Soviet is right, the difference is in the harness. If you were lucky enough to get another bike that had the same harness plug, you'd be able to migrate a PC from bike to bike. I suppose it could happen if the bikes were from the same manufacturer, but I wouldn't count on it.

It's not a dumb question, they aren't necessarily cheap. Best of luck...

Last edited:

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick stupid question.

No question is dumb. Only dumb answers.

So here is my dumb answer, I have no idea about differences in the power commanders because I haven't looked at any others. With that being said, they do sell different ones for different bikes on their website. Easiest way to find out is to give them a call :thumbup:

-Manas.