Power commander 3, fit other models to the FZ6?

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
Can I buy a PC III from eBay for some other kind of bike, and then just download the maps for FZ6 and install it? Or it has to be specifically the PC III for FZ6?! What's the difference, maybe the harness and connectors or what? If that, can those be bought separately?

Looked around and couldn't find answer to my question. Asking, because it seems there are many units on eBay for about 100 bucks or more less than the PC III that's marked for FZ6 around here..

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
after installing my PCIII i would assume the difference would be the connectors at the end of the wires on the PCIII and inside your bike, no idea why dynojet didn't make one standard box, with the option of hooking multiple types of connector wires into this unit, the connectors being bike specific and not the little box...but I'm no electrical engineer and cannot attest to if what i suggested is even feasible...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can I buy a PC III from eBay for some other kind of bike, and then just download the maps for FZ6 and install it? Or it has to be specifically the PC III for FZ6?! What's the difference, maybe the harness and connectors or what? If that, can those be bought separately?

Looked around and couldn't find answer to my question. Asking, because it seems there are many units on eBay for about 100 bucks or more less than the PC III that's marked for FZ6 around here..

Be careful with buying a PClll on Fleabay. Yes the PClll should be specific to the FZ6 and it may also have to meet other requirements beside the plugs.

Without know specific requirements it would be guessing or misinformation. :confused: