Post your FZ6N Pics!

RyanMR2

Reaction score
Visit site
DuPont teflon chain saver works pretty good and doesnt sling off to bad.
I cut a small section off first and then used stock curve as a templet. I also saved the left over plastic to make a plug/plate to cover the spot where the fairing mount was bolted

That's a really good idea, I appreciate it!

ssmotorcycle

The Emmy Winning Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Me and my 2007 tackling Deals Gap. I have since, switched to bar end mirrors, which I love. Take a look at the photo and then watch the video. Deals Gap is a must do if you haven't already.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbpc3PTf2Qo]YouTube - Deals Gap - Tail Of The Dragon[/ame]

Last edited:

teamdan

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok here are few shots of my 2005 FZ6N. I have had her for nearly a year now and have only really modded a few things. I replaced the stock indicator lenses to clear ones and removed the original bar ends and replaced them with some Rhino Moto ones. I've got bar end mirror mounted on to the Rhino Bar ends and have lowered the handle bars back for a more aggressive look. The Oggy Knobs where on it when i bought it.
Overall i love the bike but would love to replace that stock exhaust :D. Building a new house and having a baby just arrive seems to have put that on hold for the foreseeable future though!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok here are few shots of my 2005 FZ6N. I have had her for nearly a year now and have only really modded a few things. I replaced the stock indicator lenses to clear ones and removed the original bar ends and replaced them with some Rhino Moto ones. I've got bar end mirror mounted on to the Rhino Bar ends and have lowered the handle bars back for a more aggressive look. The Oggy Knobs where on it when i bought it.
Overall i love the bike but would love to replace that stock exhaust :D. Building a new house and having a baby just arrive seems to have put that on hold for the foreseeable future though!

Love the orange, my black FZ6 used to have the orange tank...in fact, i still have the Orange tank....

Welcome anyway.....stay upright!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, i posted a few pic's in the Aussie sub forum of how "Pinky" looks these days, but not everyone looks there, so i thought i should share a few pics with the rest of the World, before i go and sell the bike....Yes, for those of you that know of "Pinky", the bike is now back to full OEM road trim, and "on the market"...

View attachment 35553

View attachment 35554

View attachment 35555

View attachment 35556

View attachment 35557

I think the bike looks and runs brilliantly considering it's "busy" life! Is a testament to Yamaha engineering i say! :thumbup:

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While i am in the picture posting mood, a few shots of my other FZ6, all detailed up to the hilt, ready to go back to the paint shop, to have a couple of tiny scuffs, scratches fixed up, and to have the front brake disc carriers painted to match the gold spots in the front brake calipers....bike came up like a million dollars after 4 full days of detailing and polishing! Yep! 4 days, and it wasnt just me....Mikey (Ozzieboy) was in the trenches with me, up to our elbows in polishing dust, driving the neighbours nuts by having the bench grinder and power drill running for extended periods of time, day & night!!! :eek:

But just about every nut on the bike has been removed and polished. The Wheels were taken out, brake discs removed, wheels re-polished, brake disc's cleaned and the disc carriers and discs egdes all polished. Both Fork tube caps were removed and polished. Handlebars removed and polished. Gear shift linkage...taken off and polished. Complete removal of the exhaust system, all polished.

We also took the seat off, and further cleaned up the wiring loom, that we had modified previously, when fitting the single seat unit....gave everything under the seat and tank a real good clean as well, dust gets in everywhere!

All the polishing was a big job, as everything was not just hand plished, but "re-cut" with either, and, or both the bench grinder, or power drill with polishing wheels attached, then everything was hand polished after....

We also cleaned the front of the motor, the chain, changed the rear sprocket from a red Vortex 46t, to a Gold GYTR 46T, just cause it looks better than the red sprocket on this bike!

View attachment 35559

View attachment 35560

View attachment 35561

View attachment 35562

View attachment 35563

Like i said at the start of the post, the bike is now ready for a trip to the paint shop to have the front disc carriers painted....and to fix any little scuffs etc, which may show up in an upcoming photo shoot featuring the bike....

teamdan

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers Wolfman, I love the black and orange too.
By the way looking forward to the Rapid Bikes issue featuring that black beauty of yours. Should be a good read. Be sure to warn us when it's due out.

jivko_karavelov

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello.I am from Bulgaria,and my English is very very bad.I am sorry about that.This is the best forum dedicated to the best motorcycle for me - FZ6.And here is my handsome
022751543.jpg
022751529.jpg

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
While i am in the picture posting mood, a few shots of my other FZ6, all detailed up to the hilt, ready to go back to the paint shop, to have a couple of tiny scuffs, scratches fixed up, and to have the front brake disc carriers painted to match the gold spots in the front brake calipers....bike came up like a million dollars after 4 full days of detailing and polishing! Yep! 4 days, and it wasnt just me....Mikey (Ozzieboy) was in the trenches with me, up to our elbows in polishing dust, driving the neighbours nuts by having the bench grinder and power drill running for extended periods of time, day & night!!! :eek:

But just about every nut on the bike has been removed and polished. The Wheels were taken out, brake discs removed, wheels re-polished, brake disc's cleaned and the disc carriers and discs egdes all polished. Both Fork tube caps were removed and polished. Handlebars removed and polished. Gear shift linkage...taken off and polished. Complete removal of the exhaust system, all polished.

We also took the seat off, and further cleaned up the wiring loom, that we had modified previously, when fitting the single seat unit....gave everything under the seat and tank a real good clean as well, dust gets in everywhere!

All the polishing was a big job, as everything was not just hand plished, but "re-cut" with either, and, or both the bench grinder, or power drill with polishing wheels attached, then everything was hand polished after....

We also cleaned the front of the motor, the chain, changed the rear sprocket from a red Vortex 46t, to a Gold GYTR 46T, just cause it looks better than the red sprocket on this bike!

View attachment 35559

View attachment 35560

View attachment 35561

View attachment 35562

View attachment 35563

Like i said at the start of the post, the bike is now ready for a trip to the paint shop to have the front disc carriers painted....and to fix any little scuffs etc, which may show up in an upcoming photo shoot featuring the bike....

Truly stunning bike :thumbup:

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
hi everyone
as promised, here is the finished product.. got my new handlebar mounted, new grips, new mirrors mounted, and weather is finally ok (at lease for one day).. so here are the pics.. looking forward to hearing all your feedbacks..

Sam

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^^^^

Nice! Very Very clean & shiny too....great job.

Headlight looks good, as do mirrors.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Naked

Reaction score
Visit site
Some new mods installed:

- Pilot xenon 6000K
- Valtermoto crashpads/barends
- LED pinkers

To do: short brake/clutch levers

img2629n.jpg

img2640h.jpg

img2061w.jpg

img2060n.jpg

img2059od.jpg

Video:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nyy2wguVHA]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6N S2[/ame]

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
After a winter of modding, here she is:
FZ1 bars
PC3
FZ16 headlight
Bar end mirrors
Leo Vinces with cat eliminator
KILLERNOODLE clutch mod
fender eliminator
mini stalk blinkers

** i would like to put a bellypan on it when someone decides to sell a cheap one!

Last edited:

jivko_karavelov

Reaction score
Visit site
Bike looks fantastic (yes, I have a white 08 fZ6 as well :thumbup::D)

Hello Karen.I think your bike looks great.I love the rizoma bar ends and grips.I want to buy these for my bike, and also brake and clutch levers,but here in Bulgaria these things are very expensive and very difficult for us to buy them.I first start with the installation of xenon.

darkman

Reaction score
Visit site
After a winter of modding, here she is:
FZ1 bars
PC3
FZ16 headlight
Bar end mirrors
Leo Vinces with cat eliminator
KILLERNOODLE clutch mod
fender eliminator
mini stalk blinkers

** i would like to put a bellypan on it when someone decides to sell a cheap one!

:rockon: nice ride

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks, I posted a couple of pics up on the "new swingarm Decals" thread but I'll put couple on here too.