Post up your SNOW photos

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Got warm out last couple days 32f or 0C so some of the snow melted away. Went out and put on my new(used) Rizoma grips so had to get the bike out and make sure throttle was all set.
View attachment 33316

Last edited:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great photo's guys.

Few weeks ago..

I can still have fun riding to work, though.

sled.jpg

Now that's what I wanna do. Would love to scoot around on one of them.
And yup, I'm another one that's only ever seen photo's of snow.
As Kazza said, damn hot today, only 38 currently but it's still rising.

:rockon:

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great photo's guys.

Now that's what I wanna do. Would love to scoot around on one of them.
And yup, I'm another one that's only ever seen photo's of snow.
As Kazza said, damn hot today, only 38 currently but it's still rising.

:rockon:

Fun, and around here there's no speed limit during the daytime.. At night we're only supposed to do 55mph at night (yeah, right)..

It's a 2003 Polaris 600 Classic.. M10 rear suspension, PERK reverse, electric start, and a blast to ride on all the trails around here. Only downside (other than a shortage of snow most times of the year) is that it gets about 12 miles per gallon.. So, at $3.50 per gallon of gas, you're going to spend about $30 per 100 miles, plus a quart of fairly expensive synthetic 2 stroke oil.

Not a cheap pastime, but very, very fun!!:BLAA:

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Fun, and around here there's no speed limit during the daytime.. At night we're only supposed to do 55mph at night (yeah, right)..

It's a 2003 Polaris 600 Classic.. M10 rear suspension, PERK reverse, electric start, and a blast to ride on all the trails around here. Only downside (other than a shortage of snow most times of the year) is that it gets about 12 miles per gallon.. So, at $3.50 per gallon of gas, you're going to spend about $30 per 100 miles, plus a quart of fairly expensive synthetic 2 stroke oil.

Not a cheap pastime, but very, very fun!!:BLAA:

Deffinately not cheap. I ride a 2004 MXZ X 800 skidoo... I spend around $30 to get about 70 miles with the way I ride it (throttle to the bar or off) and our gas is like $4.80 or something like that for premium which it has to run. And I only run the dealer's oil in it... Expensive!

However, it's a complete blast! Pretty sure it accelerates harder than our bikes and there is nothing like skimming snow at around 200 km/hr. And with the X package she is meant to fly off anything I point it at so I do enjoy it!

And I was riding it to work until I had the MPs show up in my boss' office to tell me I wasn't allowed on the base with it.

Sometime soon I'll get a video together and post it up in here.

And as for snow, we haven't gotten as much as we usually do, no really huge dumping of snow, just maybe 10cm of accumulation through each week.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And I only run the dealer's oil in it... Expensive!

I was only running Polaris Sythetic also, but my power valves were occasionally sticking. I switched to Amsoil and was amazed at the difference.

And no, I'm not an Amsoil nut.. But I do like the way it works in my sled.:thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
June 2010, above 7,000 feet....~70 F
4614612456_d3b432c40d_b.jpg

December 30, 2010, at about 6,500 feet...~28 F
5401101917_9bc5fb532b_b.jpg

My only recent picture from January 2011, ~10 feet above sea level...~55 F
5401702460_7d15b2ae3a_o.jpg

We've had three weeks of sunshine and 60+F degree weather in SF...back to the rain now

PVFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if this is what you call snow or not, but in AZ this counts.:thumbup:
I found it on a ride the other day, it was in the 50's with bright sunshine.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
did you ride through the snow?
how did the vstrom do?
everything i've read about riding in the snow tells me that anything but a dirtbike will plop right over.
just curious...

Those drifts were 5' deep in places...and that's just what we could see. We had another 1,000+ feet to climb (and the shady side of the mountain) so we knew there was no getting through. We had talked to some people back and town and they said we likely wouldn't be able to "get over the mountain" but we figured we'd go take a look for ourselves. We tried another route, same problem.

Here is some vid.....street tires....short/unedited vid...I'm 6'3" and look how hard it is for me to get on this bike :D
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpsqFPaynLU]YouTube - KTM 640 Adventure R - Stuck in Snow[/ame]

I don't think knbbies would have done the trick.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Couldn't get the bike out of the garage to place in the photo because of all the snow we've had, but...

dp_110202_01a.jpg

made use of the snow anyway. An RC track for my Savage XL to kill the winter blahs away. :rolleyes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cetz0YRAV8U"]YouTube - Savage XL in the Snow[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m8TUhs8KeI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m8TUhs8KeI[/ame]

Last edited:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah. the snow started late. i left work early, but it started coming down more and more into my commute. it was a 30 mph, white-knuckled drive home. the road hadn't been plowed recently, so all the cars were following 2 tracks in the road. i saw one snow plow (going the opposite direction.) i was slowing down for a light and lost traction. i hit a truck in front of me at maybe 5mph. World's slowest crash. i went underneath his flatbed. our bumpers didn't match up so his truck had almost no damage. just some scratches underneath. he didn't seem to care when we pulled over. thank God. i didn't want to be sued. very common in the DC area. my car has a crumpled hood, fender and broken headlight. i'm not going to make an insurance claim on a car that's worth $3000 and has 180,000 miles on it. i just bought a headlight assembly on ebay and replaced the broken headlight. now my car looks like ****, but it's been running like a CHAMP the whole time i've had it.
i hate the freakin' snow so much. i am going insane.

May be time to go 4x4

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
That lake goes all the way to the back where the other trees are, in the summer is packed of birds, I wonder why this guys decided to stay.