Poor quality Foot Pegs and Mount

Justin91280

Reaction score
Visit site
I stopped by the dealership today to Check out the bike to get some motivation to start pulling in some money:rockon:which did pumped me up!!! After checking it out I noticed the foot pegs and mount on the fz6 is only held on by two bolts and it seems kind of flymsy and cheap. It evan has a little play. I noticed the suzuki's were similiar but honda's were solid with 3 well fastend bolts. Has anyone had any problems with the footpegs?? breaking etc from standing or normal were and tear? still luv the bike but just nit picking.. so I then went home and went riding my enduro in the cold... it was beautiful!! :Sport:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
They are rubber mounted to kill vibes...this is the play you noted. Flimsy and cheap? I didn't notice that. I've never heard of any problems...they are a pretty standard setup and are high quality if you ask me.

Justin91280

Reaction score
Visit site
i guess that makes sense!! I've never owned a street bike always off road. So I guess I'm looking at it in a different perpective.. thanks though that does make sense.. I do remember seeing the rubber gromets...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
never heard of any problems, i am sure the bolts are probably designed for much more weight capacity than we are going to be putting on them.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great rearsets, the rubber mounting is very nice, its one of the reason I bought the FZ over the SV.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
4000 miles in a few monts with my fat butt standing on the pegs all the time and I haven't had any problems.

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
If you let the foot pegs keep you from buying this bike, you're making a big mistake. I've owned 5 other bikes and none of then even came close to generating the joy I get from riding my FZ6. The foot pegs are great! Quit looking for excuses and jump in!

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
If you let the foot pegs keep you from buying this bike, you're making a big mistake. I've owned 5 other bikes and none of then even came close to generating the joy I get from riding my FZ6. The foot pegs are great! Quit looking for excuses and jump in!

err but the handle grips look too soft, do they wear out fast? :p

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On that note, how fast will the tires wear out?

That is almost a serious question with the "custom designed" tires for the fz6

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that they do appear to be flimsy when you are off the bike and pulling and pushing them to and from the bike.

But when you are on the pegs the pressure is towards the floor and they are solid.

Steve