Poll it up...How many people ride & listen to music?

Do you listen to music when you ride?

• Of course i do, otherwise i'd get bored

Votes: 147 49.7%
  • Only with one ear piece in, so i can hear for sirens too!

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • Definitely no, that's unsafe!

Votes: 113 38.2%

• Total voters

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I listen to music, but make sure that i can always hear the world around me too, i do this by tapping my ring on the handle bars, if i can;t hear the little tick that it makes then i turn it down. and i don;t need to listen to music, it just gives me a bit of something else to do when i am out on a commuting run.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I do on occasion, but not very often. Much of my riding is with groups of people, or local, both of which I don't feel the need. If I am commuting or travelling to a destination (i.e. ont he highway for extended periods), then I might do it, just because the interstate is long and boring, and though I love my V-Twin, I don't want to listen to it at the same RPMs, same speed for hours on end on the highway.

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes. i have to be in the mood, and I still haven't found good headphones...(warning, hijack alert)

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually the sounds of the stock pipes and the rushing wind are not soporific to me, so for this reason I forgo any musical accessories.

Fred

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I listen to my ipod.. its nice to make a "bike" playlist or a "track day" playlist (not that i would listen while on the track".. i also have the little radio remote thing.. so the ipod goes inside the jackets chest pocket, the remote is wired down to my right wrist, and then the earphone are wired from there to my ears.. works out great and if i dont like the song, 1 push on the wrist and its onto the next.. good so that i never have to let go of the throttle or take the hand away from the front brake...

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I listen to music and books downloaded onto my GPS. I listen with both ears and have no problem hearing the traffic around me.

Steve

Brandad

Reaction score
Visit site
As teeter said, ambient noise is really loud on my bike/helmet combination. There's no way I want to increase the decibels on my ears by adding music loud enough to hear.

JRNATION

Reaction score
Visit site
yes all the time. i have my blackberry stereo headset wired into my helmet. the earphones are never physically in my ear. they sit in the ear pockets of my hjc helmet. i have the mic with play/pause button in the front behind the chin bar. i can just pause my music at anytime if i need to listen up or when riding with friends at stoplights, i can talk without yelling over the sound of the music.

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
for the sake of your long term hearing i'd highly recommend anyone wear ONLY NNR 33+ earplugs when riding. if not you will inevitably suffer irreversible hearing damage years down the road.

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I listen to music on longer rides out on the hi-ways, but whenever we hit a city or town, I shut it off. I want to be able to hear the traffic around me, especially when we're in an unfamiliar city.

niben001

Reaction score
Visit site
Right ear, but it is too loud. I am going to check out the sound canceler type, see if there is anything out there.

P

pengellyb

Yup usually just one ear, nice to hear whats ging on around you!!!!!