POLL: Is "vlogging" the motorcycle equivalent of talking on the phone while driving?

Do you think "vlogging" is safe?

• Totally safe

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Reasonably safe

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Don't know/No opinion

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Somewhat dangerous

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Its not as dangerous, but still dangerous. the reason? there is no one on the other end responding to what your saying, meaning there is no one giving you something else to think about. BUT. you are responding to the environment around you through words. so basically, riding is dangerous enough, why add on to it? however I do have respect for those who do it, it's just not for me.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with commentary riding - but if it gets over the top and you begin talking with your hands and getting off topic and caught up on environment discussions with yourself, I think it could become very dangerous very quicky.

Having said that, if I was to vlog I think my fiancé (was saying girlfriend until Tuesday!) would get a little antsy at me constancy turning my head to check out 'those babes walking along the side of the street'.

:-D

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
It depends.

Some people are better multi-taskers.

Personally I can't talk on my cell while driving in town or when driving in an unfamiliar area...simply too much of a distraction for me.

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in a constant conversation with myself when I'm riding - "there's a car, there's a person walking, there's a light, there's an indicator, back to car 1, another car (2), another pedestrian (2), etc... I was taught to talk my way through traffic conditions. There's nothing distracting about it. I'm in the moment experiencing everything I can through every sense I can. It's become such a discrete action that it takes very little of my attention to do it. Telling a story about something that has nothing to do with my riding at the moment could be distracting imo, which could lead me to miss that on-coming car turning in front of me...

I doubt it though. I waffle on with so much shizzle when I ride. Need to meditate more, to help me focus lol

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
... "there's a car, there's a person walking, there's a light, there's an indicator, back to car 1, another car (2), another pedestrian (2), etc...

Reminds me of the old Mrs. Hyacinth Bucket (or Buckay) :D

I got the Interphone F4 bluetooth set and love it. Never have to think about “I gotta stop to check if he/she called” and so on. And on the highway I tend to listen to music instead of a constant windnoise whhheeeeeee sound. If I am having a conversation (either via phone or Bluetooth to my GF’s Interphone set), then it’s not really that different from having a conversation between 2 people in a car. In between though… if there is not a single obstacle ahead and going straight… I notice that I can suddenly be gesticulating with my left hand… stupid!

Problem with helmet cams is for sure that people might try to ride in a certain manner, because they know other people are going to watch it. I noticed this last month on a bike course where a couple of guys were allowed to tape their laps. Seems like they were, above anything else, more focused on getting past everyone.

Last edited: