Please Welcome Me to the Club…

To Name, or Not to Name

• Go With It - I Name Everything I Own...

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • What's In a Name...

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Dude, I Think You're Coming Loose...

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nefilim

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a Japanese bike. Japanese culture has a historical tendency to change the names of great people to reflect their achievements. For example, Toyotomi Hideyoshi was born Hiyoshi-maru and later took the name Kinosheta Tōkichirō after coming of age. THEN he was named Ha-shiba Chikuzen no Kami Hideyoshi, then the emperor granted him the surname Toyotomi after becoming a daimyo, thus becoming "Toyotomi Hideyoshi."

So if you want to be traditional about it, just grant your bike a new surname. Since Asian surnames come first, you could go with Hellfire or something.

That's all for a useless history lesson. Really though, name it how you like, but I think leaving "Fire" in the name is a conversation piece when people ask you why you name it and you give them a rundown of Japanese naming conventions.
:welcome:

jsmileybaltz

Member Me?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a Japanese bike. Japanese culture has a historical tendency to change the names of great people to reflect their achievements. For example, Toyotomi Hideyoshi was born Hiyoshi-maru and later took the name Kinosheta Tōkichirō after coming of age. THEN he was named Ha-shiba Chikuzen no Kami Hideyoshi, then the emperor granted him the surname Toyotomi after becoming a daimyo, thus becoming "Toyotomi Hideyoshi."

Now all I have to do is print this off and memorize the lesson....:D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay....Here's an example: HITOMI (瞳): Japanese name meaning "pupil (of the eye)." This name is usually given to girls with especially beautiful eyes.

Since we, in our culture, generally give female names to our traveling vessels and since it's a Japenese bike with beautiful eyes, you might call her "Hitomi"

:Flash:Here's a link to additional Japanenes names: http://www.20000-names.com/female_japanese_names.htm:Flash:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Hitomi..... that comes so close to 'Hit On Me'..... lots of words in Japanese are the phonetic approximations of words that came to the Island....