PICS +Vid! My 07, Leo's, Bar Ends, FE...

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a few pics of my 07... also a video of the new exhaust...

All I've done thus far is a fender eliminator + swing arm decals, and just today installed my Leo Vince exhaust and new heavy HVMP bar ends!

2010-10-30_15-08-11_720.jpg

2010-10-30_15-08-03_316.jpg

2010-10-30_15-08-18_814.jpg

2010-10-30_15-07-36_199.jpg

2010-10-30_15-07-44_996.jpg

2010-10-30_15-07-51_98.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-qpBnxNMZA]YouTube - 2007 Yamaha FZ6 Leo Vince Exhaust[/ame]

:thumbup: :Flash: :D :thumbup:

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice. I see you took the baffles out. Was it too loud or just perfect? How long did it take you to install? Did you get the circular disk with 5 holes?
Also what fender eliminator do you have?

Last edited:

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, your bike is way too ffing low in the front... Your fork seals will be slamming into the bottom triple upon a a serious compression/hard bump...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE! Mine will be here on Monday. Can't wait.
philosopheriam is right.. your fork is dropped too far.

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice. I see you took the baffles out. Was it too loud or just perfect? How long did it take you to install? Did you get the circular disk with 5 holes?
Also what fender eliminator do you have?
The sound is fine to me, will see how it is after a long ride though. Only took me about an hour or two to install. I got the disk but didn't use it. Fender elim is from ebay, $50 shipped with all new lights and wiring.
Where did you find that swingarm sticker? Bike looks good.
Ebay, was $7 shipped for two.
Dude, your bike is way too ffing low in the front... Your fork seals will be slamming into the bottom triple upon a a serious compression/hard bump...
Ok. First bike, how do I fix this, what would have caused it?
NICE! Mine will be here on Monday. Can't wait.
philosopheriam is right.. your fork is dropped too far.
See above, how do I remedy this?

Thanks for the comments.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Forget the fork seals slamming into the triple...before that happens, you're liable to slam the front fender into the underside of the fairing, and that would get ugly FAST.

I would assume you bought this bike used? If so, apparently the former owner did something REALLY stupid. If you look at your pictures, particularly the one taken of the bar ends from close up on the left side of the bike, you'll notice the tops of your forks, where they come through the top triple. You've got like 4-5 inches sticking up through there...almost enough to hit handlebars! You should ACTUALLY have (I don't remember this exact number, so this is an estimate) about 8-10 mm (maybe less) sticking up through the top triple. The front of the bike is WAY too low and I can't believe you've actually been able to ride it like that. Having the forks through the triple that much should make the front end VERY unstable.

To change this, you'll need to loosen the pinch bolts on both the top triple and bottom triple and slide the forks down through them. Make sure you get each side EXACTLY the same, or it will throw your handling way off.

Hopefully someone that knows the exact measurement will be along shortly to tell you.

Here's a couple of old shots of my bike. Mine's naked now, but you can see what I'm talking about where the forks come through the top triple. I've got R6 forks, but the measurement coming through the top triple will be exactly the same.

IMG_0267-1.jpg

1-6.jpg

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
CCHOUSEKY covered it. Loosen pinch bolts on upper and lower clamp and slide the stanchions down. Top of mine is flush with upper clamp, just as it appears in CCHOUSEKY's pics.

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Forget the fork seals slamming into the triple...before that happens, you're liable to slam the front fender into the underside of the fairing, and that would get ugly FAST.

I would assume you bought this bike used? If so, apparently the former owner did something REALLY stupid. If you look at your pictures, particularly the one taken of the bar ends from close up on the left side of the bike, you'll notice the tops of your forks, where they come through the top triple. You've got like 4-5 inches sticking up through there...almost enough to hit handlebars! You should ACTUALLY have (I don't remember this exact number, so this is an estimate) about 8-10 mm (maybe less) sticking up through the top triple. The front of the bike is WAY too low and I can't believe you've actually been able to ride it like that. Having the forks through the triple that much should make the front end VERY unstable.

To change this, you'll need to loosen the pinch bolts on both the top triple and bottom triple and slide the forks down through them. Make sure you get each side EXACTLY the same, or it will throw your handling way off.

Hopefully someone that knows the exact measurement will be along shortly to tell you.

Here's a couple of old shots of my bike. Mine's naked now, but you can see what I'm talking about where the forks come through the top triple. I've got R6 forks, but the measurement coming through the top triple will be exactly the same.

IMG_0267-1.jpg

1-6.jpg

Thanks, yeah bought used. Bike was completely stock, is this a sign of abuse or damage? I'll take a look later, and try to get things straightened up...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, yeah bought used. Bike was completely stock, is this a sign of abuse or damage? I'll take a look later, and try to get things straightened up...

Not at all. It's a sign of stupidity though :D

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, you need to inspect your seals and lower fork tubes for damage - I simply can't beleive that the idiot who previously owned your bike didn't bottom the front end out at least once or twice...

Haelous

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I see that you guys get actual motorcycle temp tags, as opposed to being given the same one that you would get for a car and riding around with it in your trunk. :)

The posts above where other members spotted something wrong and pointed out what to do is one of the reasons this forum is so great.

Last edited: