FS/FT: Modded 2006 Blue/Black FZ6 (converted to 07+)

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
SOLD! Buyer is flying and riding it!

CLEAN TITLE IN HAND in GOOD condition
~12,500 MILES
$3500

If you have researched this bike well then it has been tastefully modified and its few shortcomings have been overcome. Its the best allround Sport Touring bike you can get in the 600cc class and extremely low to insure compared to the crotch rockets and comparable performance - 100 bhp and 46 ftlb.

I have maintained it regularly with Rotella T full synthetic oil, purolator oil filter, dupont teflon chain clutch lube.

********************* MODS *********************

07+ Conversion ($700 used value)
  1. I have also included some older pictures (last few) of the bike before the conversion. Listed are the newer components installed:
  2. 08 Complete Black Front Fairing with mirrors (Older fairings were ugly to me)
  3. 08 Black Front Fender with special machined adapter kit for the R6S forks (sexier looking)
  4. 08 Yamaha Bar Clamp (with nice Tuning fork logo)
  5. 07 Swingarm (provides better wheel alignment adjusters, lighter weight and better looking)
  6. 07 Gauge cluster - replaced stock one (analog tachometer compared to stock unreadable digital one)

Other: ($1300 used value)
  • Comes with an optional (removed for sale) 15 tooth (-1) front sprocket with Speedohealer v3 (Nice low end acceleration. Now have put back the stock 16T for mpg and highway).
  • K&N performance lifetime air filter. (Will come with cleaning kit)
  • Airbox modded (de-snorkled) for better throttle response, smoothness and mpg.
  • NGK CR9EIX Iridium spark plugs (Reliable spark and longetivity)
  • FAZR6 Fender Eliminator (dump that ugly fender, stock fender included)
  • Bagster Tank cover and black side pods so now it is completely black. (1 spare black and 2 stock blue ones included)
  • Fiamm Highway Blaster Horn (Hi Tone)
  • Marine waterproof powerlet in the left fairing (powered directly from battery in order to be used while bike is turned off)
  • Symtec heated grips with a separate illuminated waterproof switch in left fairing. (Red-Hi. Green-Lo)
  • R1 Pod Signal/Running Light Mod with amber LEDs in headlight corners. (cool looking, can get rid of the pod signals)
  • 2007 R6S front suspension with 2000 miles on it. Were put on when they had just 500 miles on them. (amazing ride, handling and stability in corners with its adjustability and excellent 4-piston brakes)
  • 2006+ FZ1 Bar (sportier much comfortable riding position compared to stock bicycle bars, helped reduce wind buffeting too)
  • Puig Double Bubble Smoke Screen (stock screen included)
  • Driven Gel Grips + Grip Puppies (dampen vibrations and give nice firm thick grip to the handlebars)
  • Throttle Rocker/Crampbuster can be included (for cruising and relaxing your wrists)
  • Yamaha Valve Caps (Aluminum compared to stock plastic)
  • T-Rex Frame Sliders (not too long but nice looking and finish and protect the frame in a crash)
  • UK Axle Crashbobbins (protect the swingarm and front forks in a crash too)
  • Reflective black decals on frame and side pods. They shine at night for visibility and look COOL.
  • BT-016 with 2000 miles on them (best all-round tire, fast heat up and amazing grip in corners )
  • Speedbleeders (makes brake bleeding a one person job)
  • Galfer SS lines (excellent linear feel in braking)
  • Galfer HH Sintered Brake pads (amazing bite to the brakes and stopping power)
  • Arrow Turn Signals (much cooler looking than those antique factory signals)
  • Red Reflective Rim Stripes with custom Yamaha FZ6 letterings (good visibility at night and cool looking)

Spares:
  • 1 spare black and 2 stock blue side pods included
  • Also have a spare mint rear shock included in the sale.
  • Front inner fairing
  • Misc rear subframe inner bits
  • Stock Fender
  • Stock Windscreen

I can throw in a cool euro belly pan with mesh grill if the selling price is $3500
As you can see I have priced it fair with the mods worth $2000 on it.
Shown in the picture is my other bike - FZ1. That is not for sale. This pics were taken on a ride at Center Hill Dam.

As you can see I have priced it fair with the mods on it.

Test Rides with FULL CASH in hand only!

3587122414_e40c588e80_b.jpg

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Akshay, do you have more recent pics? There's mods on the bike that are not listed in the add. I think you'll help out potential buyers with some great current photos. Just a suggestion. ;)

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Bike looks great!!! If I had the money that's what I'd do to my 2006. Couldn't really get a good look at the back end of it but I could tell it's not the stock exhaust. What kind is it??

bump on this one and a great price!!!:thumbup:

sagmeister

Reaction score
Visit site
Im a newly signed up member on here seeking an FZr and this is really catching my eye. Im in st.louis and am entertaining the idea of driving the 5.5 hours to take this off your hands. Could you pm me with some of the photos you posted to others including the current setup of the odometer, seat and whatnot? Thanks so much.

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope it sells man. Any chance you might be selling the Bagster Tank cover? (Or the site you got it from?) Looks like a worthwhile investment to save my paint when I go for long rides. Black is a bitch to deal with.

Last edited: