Picked up the bike today!!!

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I finally got the FZ6 at the house. I'm super excited. I already put 80miles on it (had 0) and I can tell it's gonna be a easy bike to ride. It feels just about perfect to me. I'm 6'5" and it's hard tying to find a bike that fits me pretty good, but I am pretty comfortable on the fz6. I think I'll prob end up getting a taller windscreen tho. Looking forward to racking up the miles. The only negative thing I can see so far is that the drive train seems to be pretty clunky and loud, but I think I just need some time to get used to it. It's very sensitive and it's nothing like my yamaha dirt bike. Also I thought I read some where that the 09's were comming with the comfort seat? I don't know if it is or not, but it deff doesn't seem that comfortable, not too bad but my butt did go numb after a while. Prob just something else I need to get used to. Any way here are a couple of pics...

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice choice on color. :thumbup: Have fun and be safe. Soon, you'll be thinking of all the mods you can do...

Oh, and :welcome: to the forum!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome:

she looks nice and clean. The FZ6 is a great bike, the only minor issues (some you have metioned) are:

- clunky shifting from 1st to 2nd
- Vibration
- Uncomfortanle seat, your butt will get used to it, then you should be able to do 200 miles, adjusting body position, without to much discomfort, but a comfier seat would be nice. :D

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
NICE BIKE! (Great color choice too!) It's a heck of a bike, (especially for us big guys).
I looked for two years before I found the Fazer. It feels good under me. Enjoy!
(Did I say excellent color choice? : )

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Reminds me of my black '08 before I dumped my bank account on mods. Speaking of that, lots of people will tell you lots of things about mods, but I think most people would agree that frame sliders should be on your list. Get some--this week.:thumbup:

Oh, and :welcome:

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats,

Plus 1 on the frame sliders. Those are a must have, hopefully you'll never need them. However, if you do, you want them there to do the job. They can save a butt load on replacement parts.

If you preload (apply a bit of upward pressure on the gear shift prior to engaging the clutch and changing the gear) when shifting, that clunk you hear will disappear. It works.

That buzz, you'll get used to it. I never really notice it.

The seat, yes, that's something that I'll upgrade once I get the money.

Enjoy.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually not too hot on the black, but that's all they had. Never seen the blue up close, but I do like the red of the 07's. I did notice a little buzz, but it wasn't bad at all. As for mods, I have a fender eleminator and motivational frame sliders in the mail, and I'm eyeing the scorpion exhaust, but I'm gonna put a few more miles on it before I swap that out. I would like to do the head light mod too but I don't wanna start taking stuff apart on a brand new bike...that and I'm scared I'll do it wrong and mess something up.

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bike!

People will try to tell you that red or blue is "fastest". It isn't. White is ;)

Welcome and remember to post pics and stay safe :)

tnfrosty

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to do the head light mod too but I don't wanna start taking stuff apart on a brand new bike...that and I'm scared I'll do it wrong and mess something up.

Frame sliders and BD43's headlight mod were the first things I did to mine. I knew I had to do the headlight mod when the first thing my wife said after unloading from the trailer was, "ya know there's a headlight out?" The mod was super easy...getting to the wiring took so time though. I highly recommend getting in touch with BD43 and purchasing his harness.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
love the black, but glad mine is red. I don't have the dedication to keep a glossy shiny black bike looking good.

:welcome: and enjoy your stay!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Forgot to mention, at 6' 5" I would assume you are over 200 lbs, might want to adjust the pre-load on the shock under your seat :thumbup:

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Forgot to mention, at 6' 5" I would assume you are over 200 lbs, might want to adjust the pre-load on the shock under your seat :thumbup:

Yeah I was looking at that yesterday. I'm about 210lbs, you think I should put it on the stiffest? I think it's on 3 right now.

FZ6Ray

Reaction score
www.beyondaudiosystems.com
Frame sliders and BD43's headlight mod were the first things I did to mine. I knew I had to do the headlight mod when the first thing my wife said after unloading from the trailer was, "ya know there's a headlight out?" The mod was super easy...getting to the wiring took so time though. I highly recommend getting in touch with BD43 and purchasing his harness.

I felt the same when I got my FZ (black would have been my 2nd choice, but I love my blue one). I didn't want to screw anything up. But my first mods were the Sliders and the Headlight Mod. Just did the K&N air filter last night. I look forward to doing more. Don't worry about screwing anything up. There are tons of theads on here that will help you with whatever you are interested in doing. From maintainance to Mods.

BD43 has great instructions in his thread. If you order the wire from him it's a piece of cake.

bd43's 07 Headlight Mod Part 2

Welcome to the club! Happy riding!

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, contgrats.

New bike, start of Spring -- sounds like fun.

Be careful reading this forum, money will start disappearing and your bike will start changing (but you will have an absolutely good time) :D.

Dennis