Picked up new FZ6 s2 yesterday!

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after all the good advice I previously got in This thread, I picked up my new FZ6 s2 2008 yesterday!

Went for the black model they had in the showroom, and as I picked up a new Furygan jacket and HJC FG-15 lid too, I got a nice 600 Euro discount from list price!

I had a bit of a 'moment' outside the dealership when it came to actually riding the bike away - I had not ridden in 4 years, and even then it was a GSX-R K1, so was kind of unsure how I'd go... not helped by a group of 15 people standing around to watch me ride off and congratulate me! Omg. After 10 mins though I was fine, and it all came flooding back!

I got the bike at 7pm, and my neighbor came over at around 9.45pm on his race modded CBR125 for a quick (sedate) ride around the country lanes near where I live in France - it was a *stunning* ride. Sunning going down, all the scenery looking awesome, and the freedom only a bike can give... I am kicking myself for waiting so long!

Ok, thoughts on the bike so far... It must be noted I am embargoed to 6000rpm atm while running it in. First off, yes, 1st to 2nd is a bit clunky, but with some judicious cluth modulation, it is no where near as bad as I feared. Next up, the engine is a revy monster... I *love* it! :D It remind me so much of a friends 2007 R6 inasmuch as it has the same kind of response curves, and I can only imagine it will be immense up the rev range... I can't wait! For me, so much more fun than a twin... The FZ seems to be a Jeykll and Hyde machine so far inasmuch as it is a kitten around town, but can live with much sportier machines when it needs to. Perfect! :)

Riding wise, I was used to a Supersports bike, so had some trepidation. However, it is *so* comfy, I could be on there all day! Wind buffeting is nowhere near as bad as I thought either, even on the motorway... it may get irksome later on long trips, but for back road and city heroics with a few long trips thrown in, I recon it will be perfect! Handling is sweet too... the bikes are amazingly well sorted. I remember I had a few moments on my GSX-R as it was just so unforgiving... no way near the same on the FZ6. I am already taking a few liberties as I have that much confidence that the bike will do what I want it to... I realised I was always a little 'fearful' on the GSX-R as it was so focused, it would not cover my mistakes. The FZ6 just begs me to ride it!

All in all, 48 hours in, I am 100% happy with the purchase! :)

Pics goodness...

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0910-1.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

absofreakinglutely georgous.

Hook up on some frame sliders quick like though.

Hey would you mind taking a few photos of how the display computer is mounted, and the wiring, and the signals are mounted? I am doing a naked conversion and it would help me tremendously.

Really like the black.

A

Aggietaco

Great looking bike! But you should probably make your way back to the dealer, I think you forgot your front fairing! :Flip:

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Congratulations on your new purchase. It's always nice to hear when someone gets their first FZ6, and find that they love it.

:D

X

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
Man tahs look freaking sweet!!! I like the red on the wheels... probably gotta do the same on mine...

Congrats and enjoy it! It is definitely a great decision you have made!

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome and kind words! Glad to be in the FZ6 community! :)

Bike is now with a clear tank protector to keep the minimalist look, and the sliders are on order... done another 200km or so, so well on the way to the first service and higher rev limit! Had an interesting incident today though when I parked up in a garage to fill up with fuel, and a woman thought it was wise to reverse her battered Toyota without looking first! She hit my front wheel, thankfully at only 2 or 3 mph, and was steadily pushing the bike backwards when I ran over to her car and 'politely' pointed out that she was about to topple it! A friend ran over, jumped on my bike and kept it upright! :eek: When I took a closer look, she only seemed to put pressure on the front wheel, and pushed it back a few centimeters. I checked the forks, and measured them etc, but thankfully it looks like I came out of it without a scratch, although if I had been a few seconds later, chances are she'd have tipped it over... grrr.

I'll of course post some 'close-up' pics of the display, wiring and signals, and get them online tomorrow if I can.

Phew, an eventful 24 hours! :)

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG! Already, somebody near dropped it! OMG. This is not a good sign at all. Well, about the only thing one can do is try to predict, huh, what a motorist MIGHT do around you/your bike? OMG! The first frickin' day! OMG! This is tantamount to dropping a baby on the first day. Not good!

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet bike. i've got the identical one it's look great in black and you do not see many of these naked one's around. had it since March and love it. Mods - sliders, rear seat cowel, belly pan, pazzo levers and SS Scorpion race cans

hoggies

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new bike!

Can I ask how long you had to wait for it, from ordering to picking it up?

I have a personal interest because I also live in France (The Tarn) and I am about to order one, next week:eek:.

Where in France are you?

What sort of service did you get from the dealership?

Sorry to be so nosy!!:eek:

Regards
David

Rocky01

Reaction score
Visit site
Congradulations on the new Bike.:thumbup:

I'm feeling the anticipation when the 09's will be at my dealership.

I'm living virtually through everyones posts on this forum! Thanks Everyone!

Rocky.:rockon:

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks once again everyone! Been putting the bike to good use with another night ride this evening, along the coast roads here in France... it has been a few days, and 450km, that will definitely stick in the memory! :)

Can I ask how long you had to wait for it, from ordering to picking it up?

I have a personal interest because I also live in France (The Tarn) and I am about to order one, next week:eek:.

Where in France are you?

What sort of service did you get from the dealership?

Sorry to be so nosy!!:eek:

Regards
David

No problem at all David, glad to help! I am way up North in Normandie, but spend a lot of time in Rennes and Paris with work. Good to see another French rider on here! :)

As for the time from ordering to picking it up... I was lucky, very lucky I think... it took 3 hours total ><

I walked into the dealership, 'Maximum' in Granville at 3pm on Thursday this week, they luckily had the bike on the shop floor. I had a good look at it to make sure it was pristine as it had been on display, and asked how long it would take to prepare... and they said they could sort it within 2 hours!! :eek:

With regard to price, they were negotiable, and as I was buying some other gear with them too (jacket and helmet), they gave me a very nice reduction of 300Euro under even the Yamaha promotion price!

I was told to come back at 6pm to pick it up, so I dashed off to get insurance and some gloves, only to get a flat tyre on the way back! I gave them a call and they said they shut at 7pm, but that it was no problem at all for them to stay open for me until I got there! In the end, I picked up the bike at about 6.30pm, however about 10 mins after I drove off, I realised the helmet I bought was maybe a little large, again, they changed it for me without issue...

The service was excellent so far, really can't fault it. I visited Maximum a few times previously, and they were never pushy or anything, and despite my not perfect French, always did their best to help, which is why I went back.

I popped in today to pick up a tank protector and some new gloves, and also have to go back next week to pick up the final Carté Gris. They all still seem helpful, chatting to me for ages about the bike and how I found it etc, all in all, they have been great so far.

They mentioned to me that if I had wanted another color other than black, that the wait would have been around 4-5 days, and they could not have negotiated on the price, although I have seen the 2008's in Paris for around the 6kEuro mark, so there are deals to be had...

Hope this was a little helpful, and best of luck with your purchase! From my recent experience, I'm sure you'll love the bike when you get it! :D