Picked up new FZ6 s2 yesterday!

hoggies

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info Sosu.

I can't think why the dealer took so long to prep the bike....

That's amazing service, isn't it!! I hope I get as good. I have a choice of a small local Yamaha franchise in my nearby town (Revel, about 4k) or a main Yamaha dealership in Castres (about 20K). The local one deals mainly with scoots and quads and small agricultural equipment, and I wonder about their ability to deal with sophisticated hi-tech stuff, if, heaven forfend!, it should ever go wrong.

I'll post how I get on!

You're a bit too far away to arrange a ride out methinks....

David

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lovely bike, love the black. Have an 06 in orange with black motor & frame...but silver fork stauchions! why Yamaha did that i will never know, looks wrong!

My fork stauchions wont be that colour for long...after seeing your bike and it's black fork stauchions, i am getting mine painted this week, while suspension gets done.

Thanks, your photo's helped heaps.

Enjoy your new bike, just wait till you can really open up the throttle, this bike is awesome between 8000 - 12000 rpm.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! I too think that slice of red on the black wheels looks super-sharp, just like the Pininfarina-designed Nikon F-4s (a camera, not a car or bike ;) ).

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations...:thumbup: It takes me back 4 months ago when i met my fz6...

but silver fork stauchions! why Yamaha did that i will never know, looks wrong!

I agree with you...That grey thing never suits the machine... and all grey colored parts... mirrors, headlights, handlebar etc...

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
Very sleek and elegant in black. Those red rim strips, though subtle, really set the whole thing off big time. Yamaha did that?

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Very sleek and elegant in black. Those red rim strips, though subtle, really set the whole thing off big time. Yamaha did that?

Yep, the red was done by Yamaha. Of the three colors the naked bikes come in, the white and black have the red rim strips, but the silver comes with the plain black. The white also has 2 matching red lines down the tank.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yep, the red was done by Yamaha. Of the three colors the naked bikes come in, the white and black have the red rim strips, but the silver comes with the plain black. The white also has 2 matching red lines down the tank.

Congrats and welcome!!! VERY NICE RIDE!!!

I am so jealous! I wish they would sell the naked version in the U.S.! Especially after seeing Tom's in person this past weekend! It's even BETTER than any of the pics!

Ride safe and enjoy the site! Anything you want to know, it is here!