Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
According to the info at:
http://www.hyperformanceparts.com/c...II-USB-2004-2008-Yamaha-FZ6/product_info.html

If you run the base map (I don't know if this is the same thing as Zero or not) you should see the following:

Tuning with Power Commander
Base Map - The Power Commander is supplied with a given (base) map stored in the microprocessor. This (base map) is typically a map that has been developed to provide an improvement for most combinations matching the map description (i.e. stock bike or performance exhaust and air filter).

In general we have found that a typical stock bike has areas in the fuel curve that are far from optimal for drive-ability and performance. We could say that they are typically 70% optimized in stock condition and 60% - 65% with minor performance modifications. After installation of the Power Commander with the base map, we would expect to see 85% - 95% optimization. Power Commander Alternate Maps - Each Power Commander is supplied with a number of alternate maps on a CD-ROM and all the maps are available for download on our web site.

Yes. I think the Base Map as explained would be different from the Zero Map On the disk that comes with the power commander I have a Zero Map and a Stock Map for stock exhaust and air filter. The bike it's listed for is the stock 04 FZ6. I'm thinking this would be the base Map? They don't title it a Base Map but I'm thinking that's what they're talking about.

javahaxxor

Reaction score
Visit site
.guy on an r6 pulled up next to me the other day, road was empty, we both gunned it, fz6 kept up until i decided to bail out at 125km/h.

Yesterday me and two other guys, one on an old R1 '00 and one on an Aprilia RSV Mille just about the same age, we pulled away from a stop line and to my amazement I passed the aprilia at about 170 km/h and up until 198 km/h the R1 was just 5-6 meters ahead of me. I must say I'm a bit impressed, this S2 model has more oomph than I thought. I think I'll hang on to it another year :p

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
A base map to me is an "all-zero" map.

The "stock map" is what dynojet supplies as a suggested map for a 2004 FZ6 with stock exhaust and filter.

This "stock map" adds a lot of fuel predominantly in the low and mid rpm ranges and at lower throttle openings...in some cases like 20-30+% more fuel. However they do not add anything below 1250 rpm and nothing at 0% throttle, so if it "stinks" at idle then possibly the idle was too high or the TPS does not indicate 0% throttle at idle. I believe the PCIII "interpolates" between points in it's map so for example if you are between 1250 and 1500 rpm and greater than 0% throttle as indicated by TPS voltage, then you will get some extra fuel. And a 2004 factory ECU won't know to self-correct it away. So I would verify your idle settings and TPS.

As you approach 100% throttle and/or redline the fuel added is much less, even slightly subtracting in a couple of "cells". So that fits with a typical factory map (a bit too lean at idle and cruise, and a bit too rich at high load/rpm.) This gives good emissions testing figures and provides some margin of safety at high-load at the expense of some hp.

A really easy way to see the maps even if you don't have a PCIII is to download and install the free software from their site. You can then down load and view maps. You can also compare different maps to see what they have changed. I have tried to paste one here but the formatting is a mess on the screen.

From what I see here, I would not use this "stock map" on a 2007+ as it will cause the ECU to self-correct all of the lower-throttle opening stuff, which might then carry over to the higher load and rpm ranges (like a fuel trim in a car).

On subject...I would expect reduced economy at cruise given the extra fuel added with this map. No doubt the guys who dyno-tuned realized that this map is not quite right for all bikes.

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
Does a PCiii works for 2007 model onwards?Since it comes with a O2 sensor,it will operate in a close loop system.How is this going to work when the O2 sensor will keep on adjusting the A/F mixture?

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Does a PCiii works for 2007 model onwards?Since it comes with a O2 sensor,it will operate in a close loop system.How is this going to work when the O2 sensor will keep on adjusting the A/F mixture?

I was just thinking about the same question.
How can it work on a 2007+ version if it has a feedback correction like O2 sensor?