PCIII Mileage Update

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my PCIII and my custom map for about a month now a gone through 3 tanks of fuel.

If you recall the tuning shop was thinking I'd get a bit better mileage than stock. My bike has about 4,000 miles on it and I'd been getting a consistant 42 mpg. I am now getting about 45 to 46. Not a huge improvement but an improvement none the less. Most of my riding is a mix of stop and go and slab 50/50ish. Also most of my rides are short, 4 to 5 miles and turn the bike off. I suspect on a longer trip I'd get 50 or so. My bike has never done better than 45 so I'm happy. Once I do a longer trip I'll post those mileage results.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What year is your bike? Mine is 08. I did put a K&N air filter in mine. No other mods to the drive train. I noticed about 48.5 miles to the gallon. Nevermind, I see you have an 07.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the update. You're really making me want to go and buy a PCIII now.

I'm going to have to start dealing drugs or get involved in some other lukrative side career so I can finance mods...j/k lol

:rockon:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was about to ask about this over the weekend but didn't know how much time in the saddle you've had. Thanks for the update!

You've got a lot of positives out of this, granted it's been a hard hit on the checking account. You've got the cleanest running bike of all of us, increased HP with better MPG (almost unheard of!!) and a more thrilling ride every time you twist the throttle. Over the long run, it will add up and pay off some of those costs!

Well done!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow usually all i've heard is of gas milage going down after a PCIII install :eek:

Hey Avalon - Yes you are correct. When I first installed the PCIII with the Dyno Jet map for my bike and exhaust my mileage dropped into the high 30's. Most DJ maps are WAY too rich and the engine simply cycles it through. The map I had created is much leaner throughout.

The tuner I went to stated that most bigs see a nice jump in mileage after a custom tune. For instance a Duc 1098 will go from 28ish to 34 or 35.

Look up my PCIII install thread for more details on how they do it. Just search PCIII in Mods.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I get about 50 mpg out of my stock FZ6. I just ordered my 15 tooth sprocket -1 do any of you now how much that will change my mpg? Next I am going to get scorpion exhaust, pcIII, and K&N air filter so it sounds like i need to find a place that does custom mapping around here.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I get about 50 mpg out of my stock FZ6. I just ordered my 15 tooth sprocket -1 do any of you now how much that will change my mpg? Next I am going to get scorpion exhaust, pcIII, and K&N air filter so it sounds like i need to find a place that does custom mapping around here.

Once you get your PCIII I'll email you the map I had made. See if it works before sending the cash.

Most exhausts do pretty much the same thing on our bike and we are both more or less at sea level (400 ft here) so it should work okay. Better then the DJ maps by a mile!

masonke

Reaction score
Visit site
Once you get your PCIII I'll email you the map I had made. See if it works before sending the cash.

Most exhausts do pretty much the same thing on our bike and we are both more or less at sea level (400 ft here) so it should work okay. Better then the DJ maps by a mile!

Pete,
Will your map work on an '05 FZ6? I have been playing with my PCIII , tring to dial it in for better MPG in the cruising range.
Kevin