PC3 - fuel pump accelerator pump settings?

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Hiya,

I am curious as to what settings folks are using on the PC3 accelerator pump?

The doc's are quite vague and the dyno-adjustment process does not adjust this, I just wanted a feeling of the best results you have had for this feature.

The pump feature enabled on the Power Commande III allows you to adjust: A) The amount of fuel to add, B) The number of engine revolutions during which fuel is added, C) The sensitivity of throttle movement under which the accelerator pump is activated.

Thanks,

Fred

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, Ive heard of these adjustments but haven't researched it and would also like to know.

Cliff

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, Ive heard of these adjustments but haven't researched it and would also like to know.

Cliff

The accelerator pump simulator is a piece of power commander software that "simulates" a carburator accelerator pump. To use it, the enabler program must be downloaded from our website the opened while connected to a powered up pc3usb. Click "Enable," then exit the program. Then, in your regular Power Commander Control Center Software, under the "Power Commander Tools" toolbar menu, you will find an Accel Pump Config option.

Sensitivity will determine how much throttle change it will take to kick in the extra fuel, percent increase determines how much extra fuel, and engine revs indicates for how long you will add this extra fuel. There are no magic numbers to put in. It's something that should be tinckered with to find out what suits you.

Let's compare notes some time. BTW, the starting settings is:

90% sensitivity, 15 revolutions, 20% enrichment.

Fred

Last edited:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
What happened to gas milleage after accelerator pump enabled?
I tried it today and felt no difference.
Are you happy with the accelerator pump?
Or did you disable it?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What happened to gas milleage after accelerator pump enabled?
I tried it today and felt no difference.
Are you happy with the accelerator pump?
Or did you disable it?

You will use more fuel. How much? Don't know. It may also help some of the glitchy throttle response the Fz6's seem to display. I noticed how throttle response is a little lagging compared to a lot of tuned bikes I've ridden and it may be because my tuner didn't turn it on. I just downloaded the software from the PC site and may try it this afternoon.

Cliff

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone got any further info on this?
I did the recommended street setting the other day as mentioned above, while playing around with different maps to see what worked best (for until I get it dyno'd) and can't say I saw a huge difference, but I was also switching maps so it would be hard to tell.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
That accelerator pump feature is pretty primitive. It's nice to enable if your bike doesn't respond well to a sudden change in throttle, but it's too simplified to allow you to perfect it.

Fred, I enabled it on your bike briefly, but couldn't really see any difference in the way the bike behaved. But I didn't ride it, so you may find that it benefits you to enable it.

Here's the PCIII Accel Pump screen.

table2.jpg

For comparison, here's the accelerator enrichment settings on the Black Bike's MegaSquirt system. You can see that the PCIII's setup is lacking in features and adjustability.

AEWizard.GIF

AccelDecMode.GIF

RpmAE.GIF

More features than you can shake a stick at!

Fred

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone got any further info on this?
I did the recommended street setting the other day as mentioned above, while playing around with different maps to see what worked best (for until I get it dyno'd) and can't say I saw a huge difference, but I was also switching maps so it would be hard to tell.

I might get to it tomorrow, I've got a lot of differed maintenance projects I have to clear first.
Fred,
Thank you for the screen shot and extra info.

diego.abeledo

Reaction score
Visit site
Today i didn't feel any significant changes about pump accelerator settings... but i have sth as starting point to make some adjustments

Nobody have other maps for the same configuration??

Regards!:cheer: