Painteed Windscreen

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I was bored yesterday and I saw this and thought it looked awesome. So i decided to paint my windscreen. I used the same Krylon Fusion paint, and painted the inside of the screen (left the top lip clear) with maybe 8 light coats spread 10 minutes apart. Gave it an hour and a half to dry and slapped that puppy back on.

I had numerous people telling me not to paint it, or to tint by using the sticky tint material. I said screw it and did it anyway and I am very very very pleased with the result.

This is my first mod and you can't top a $5 mod that looks as good as this.

Last edited:

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was bored yesterday and I saw this and thought it looked awesome. So i decided to paint my windscreen. I used the same Krylon Fusion paint, and painted the inside of the screen (left the top lip clear) with maybe 8 light coats spread 10 minutes apart. Gave it an hour and a half to dry and slapped that puppy back on.

I had numerous people telling me not to paint it, or to tint by using the sticky tint material. I said screw it and did it anyway and I am very very very pleased with the result.

It looks great :thumbup:
Sometimes it is best not to listen to other people

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Looks great! That was my first hands on mod as well...I was impressed that something that cost so little, looked so good!

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bling bling, add me to the list!

DSC04818.jpg

djsegura

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for this info. Was going to order a smoked screen but going to give this a shot this weekend.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
THANKYOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU........for posting!!!!! Ive been wanting to paint mine since I brought it home!!!! my wife caught me in the middle of taking it off and freaked out about how i was going to ruin it and I better not think about buying another one!!!!!!! I showed her your pic's and got the green light on the project!!!!!!!!!!........:rockon::rockon::thumbup::thumbup:

07FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
he used Krylon FUSION paint. It is made specifically for plastic, and bonds without having to sand it. Any other paint may give you problems.

Another Idea is to go to a hobby store and buy Smoke black window tint paint. It is used to tint the windows on Hobby and RC cars, sprays on and you can make it as dark as you want but still see through it. I used it on my Mustang tailights and it looked great without killing the light output.

If you guys are scared that the paint you chose may peel, you can buy spray on adhesion promoter with flex agents in it just to be sure. Most places sell it as it is a MUST on plastic bumpers or trim on cars. You can also buy bumper paint that already has the stuff it in.

Happy spraying!

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tip painted mine also.

Can you please post a pic from a side angle? I'd love to see this on the silver 04-06. Considering the mod, but might have to cut down the screen first, it just look so big compared to the 07-08.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com

Just an FYI, tinting film products will not work on plastics!!

Before I got my PUIG screen, I took my stock screen into an automotive tinting shop in town and asked about getting it tinted. He was shaking his head no before I even finished my question. He said he could be making tons of money tinting motorcycle windscreens if only tinting film worked on plastic. It only works on glass.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just an FYI, tinting film products will not work on plastics!!

Before I got my PUIG screen, I took my stock screen into an automotive tinting shop in town and asked about getting it tinted. He was shaking his head no before I even finished my question. He said he could be making tons of money tinting motorcycle windscreens if only tinting film worked on plastic. It only works on glass.

Correct! Plastics emit gasses, especially with heat build-up in the sun. This causes the film to bubble and lift off and makes it look like an amateur job in no time. I've never done it but I know someone who tried. ;)

djsegura

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you please post a pic from a side angle? I'd love to see this on the silver 04-06. Considering the mod, but might have to cut down the screen first, it just look so big compared to the 07-08.

Ill try to snap a photo tonite.

akva2

Reaction score
Visit site
Great Job. I have been Looking for something like this for weeks.
Your project gave me the courage to do mine. Now I also know what I want.
Will post my pics' soon.