Other Hobbies

J

jsteinb95

I think most might know mine!! I like taking the jeep out and crawling up some hills that just about make you piss your pants and then moshing it through the mud. :rockon: I have recently gotten into RC airplanes, I have yet to fly my FW 190 (maybe this weekend :D )....I like to play the piano when I'm in a good mood, so really I don't play that much hehe. And most importantly, I paint, draw etc. I didn't start painting til about 5 years ago because I never really liked paint. One day I decided that I was bored and that I was going to paint "rugrats" on my son's bedroom wall and "Dora" on my daughter's. It was priceless seeing Danny's face when I told him what I was doing (because he had never seen me paint before and neither had I LOL). I've always liked black and white drawings and my favorite art is scratch board. :thumbup: I used to golf, but then the novelty wore off. Golf SUCKS!!!!

hmmm....I think that's it.

J

jsteinb95

I don't have any pics of REAL offroading, I was just playin around on a little "step up" in the wash behind my house.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, Live4Snow, you need to explain your first picture. It looks like a car door stuck on top of a minor iceberg. What is it? Inquiring Minds want to know! ;)

J

jsteinb95

Nice!
My brother has a cherokee too!

Awesome pics.

A CB has been installed in mine since those pics were taken...it looks awesome. One of these days I'm going to cut the fenders and put bushwacker fender flairs on, like what your brother has on his. :thumbup:

Trncaba

Reaction score
Visit site
I love to Bake, I read just about anything I can get my hands on. I make quilts. Since we move alot I am Damn good at unpacking but I hope some day to forget that. I have love riding motocycles since I was very small ( 9/10 years old). I love drive a good car/truck. If I had the time hubby and I would restore old cars and we both love them.
T

macvicar

Reaction score
Visit site
We own a used book/antique map/print store on the 1000 Island Parkway. The Parkway runs just off the 401, midway between Montreal and Toronto,great scenery 50kms long, nice break if you are on the 401, stop at the village of Rockort,sit by the river and have a beer and something to eat at the Rockport Tavern and then take a boat tour of the 1000 Islands you won't be disappointed.
CBF
(cold beer in the Fridge)
Cheers
Macvicar

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I just realized after reading this that I do have a hobby or two. I love photography, especially of motorcycles and motorcycle racing (unfortunately my computer is a little lacking in pics right now), and I also knit. Nothing cool, just scarves, but I'll be trying my hand at socks soon. Hopefully I can get enough of a stash to make some cash this summer with it. I also enjoy cooking, though I wouldn't consider it a hobby.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'll join the Jeep Cherokee Club on here... I have a 91 Cherokee that i have made big and LOVE Wheeling with it. I actually base a vacation on it every year up to Nova Scotia for a Jeep Jamboree.

BearRiver9.jpg

BearRiver2.jpg

H

HavBlue

I think most might know mine!! I like taking the jeep out and crawling up some hills that just about make you piss your pants and then moshing it through the mud. :rockon:

hmmm....I think that's it.

OK, this ain't fare cause you folks have some of the best 4 wheeling areas in the world. Have you ever been through Rattlesnake Canyon on the north face of Big Bear? How about Gohler Wash from Ballarat to Death Valley? Head north and you folks can do the Rubicon (pucker factor is 10). The 4 wheelin in the east here sucks.....

H

HavBlue

Hey Bard, you have a front locker? Looks like you're runnin 31/10.50 tars with a link pin removed from the front swaybar too.... Is that Jeep an automatic?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Bard, you have a front locker? Looks like you're runnin 31/10.50 tars with a link pin removed from the front swaybar too.... Is that Jeep an automatic?

Yup it is an auto (all my cars are sticks except my Jeep, with the amount of crawling i do i would burn through clutches), with 33x12.5 swampers, open front and rear (I like the challenge) I can get in and out of pretty much anywhere a locked jeep can go... It is finesse i tell ya. And about the sway bars... I haven't hooked the front up since i put the lift in it 4 years ago...

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
My other hobbies include the Xbox 360 online and working on my 65 Ford Mustang when I have time to mess around with it.
Which is not as often as I would like...

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
autocross, drag racing, wrenching, watchin races (sebring, moroso, and st pete g.p. are close to me), working on cars, and going to the beach to name a few.

edit: can you say "gearhead"?

Last edited:
H

HavBlue

Yup it is an auto (all my cars are sticks except my Jeep, with the amount of crawling i do i would burn through clutches), with 33x12.5 swampers, open front and rear (I like the challenge) I can get in and out of pretty much anywhere a locked jeep can go... It is finesse i tell ya. And about the sway bars... I haven't hooked the front up since i put the lift in it 4 years ago...

The 91 still has OBD1 but the 98 I have has OBDII and the computer does most of the work when rock crawling. It's best to stay away from the gas and just steer it. The 5 speed rocks in low range which is why, in 5 jeeps, I have never bought an automatic. Coming down off of Sherman Peak in the Sequoia National Forest (10,000ft) the guy behind me had an auto and he called me on the radio because he couldn't go as slow as I was going so he had the brake mashed.... I have a posi in the rear but the front is open. My last open YJ had an ARB locker and a rear posi running on 32/12.50 and 4.10:1 gears. Did the 7 falls of Surprise Canyon twice with that one and survived before they shut it down; that was real sad. Are you still running factory gears with those 33's?

Live4Snow

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, Live4Snow, you need to explain your first picture. It looks like a car door stuck on top of a minor iceberg. What is it? Inquiring Minds want to know! ;)

You get snow in Utah right? haha
It at the end of a pier in St. Joseph, Michigan. It sticks out into lake Michigan and over the course of the winter ice builds up on it.

It is just one pole about 6 inches around and all the ice easily builds it up to a good 12-15' in diameter