OT - New job!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought we had a "What do you do for a living" type thread here, but couldn't find it.

Monday I start a new job. The last five years I've been doing "odd jobs" in the Maintenance Complex at HAFB; my immediate bosses have been great but the level above them, well, had no business in any leadership position whatsoever. My first immediate boss volunteered for Air War College to get away from "that level", my second took early retirement, and my last just left Monday for an 18-month tour of Afghanistan, which he volunteered for. 'nuff said.

Due to a reorg, and what I suspect is some "finally realizing" the problem at "that level", I'll be working in the "Reverse-Engineering" section (which I didn't even know we had). Basically that takes a part from a plane for which we may not have any tech data/drawings (a lot of the airplanes we work on came out in the '50s and '60s) and develop drawings for it, assembly procedures, etc so we can reproduce it. This will involve a lot of CAD work, and prototyping on their new 3D printer!!!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Guys, I couldn't dream up a more fun, exciting job for myself!!! I am so stoked!

My new boss also said he's been talking to a lot of folks who have either worked for me before, or been on various teams I've chaired, and they all had really positive things to say about me; so he also wants to eventually put me back into a leadership/management position. That, I wasn't too thrilled about; I tend to get along with people okay but I can't seem to ever get things accomplished with a team like I'd want to. I've only got two more years to go, we'll see what happens.

I'm a happy, happy guy right now! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good job! << Pun intended! Sounds like you could enjoy that "re-create the past" part of this; as that's quite an undertaking!
Have Fun! :thumbup:

Please put me next in line with the Need A New Job gang! Its been a whole month now!

Auto tag device is so helpful!
"job, level, lot, rockon, thumbup" :rolleyes:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! I just started learning Fusion but I learned 3D modeling in Acad. You lucky bastard! Yer gonna have fun!Blah

I just did a 3D model for an FZ6 project for others that might go to production.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty awesome, I'm still a student and have not yet entered the industry so I won't tell you my poor excuse for a job right now...but yours sounds pretty cool!