OOPS dropped my Bike

tustian

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Hope some one can help, My Bike 2006 fz6 Blue and black. I had a slow drop and scrached the Gear cover on the LH Side, what can I use to fill in the scratches, this is my First drop and the bike is Very clean I would like it to stay that way. Sliders are on order and my partner will never ride my Bike again.

Ken

umm.. short of replacing that cover (and it is a reather difficult job) theres not much you can do.. sorry to bear the bad news, but you might want to go to the dealer and have it "priced out" for yourself.. good luck... oh and dont feel to bad, alot of people here have that "mod"...

Hi Hope some one can help, My Bike 2006 fz6 Blue and black. I had a slow drop and scrached the Gear cover on the LH Side, what can I use to fill in the scratches, this is my First drop and the bike is Very clean I would like it to stay that way. Sliders are on order and my partner will never ride my Bike again.

Ken

I used a old box (cardboard), cut a hole the same diamater as the crank case cover, taped in place to protect the rest of the bike's finish. Then I painted it with a heat resistant black matte paint...came out awesome. Will post pics later if you want to see the finish.

Thanks For your help The box worked great I did fill in the gouges with some aluminum weld and a light sand before the paint . Thanks again

Welcome to the Forum!

As mentioned,- you are not the only one, in fact I suspect that the "Drop Mod" is the most common mod done to the FZ6. (Sure know I've done it myself as well).
I say let the shop replace the cover, if it really bothers you that much, - or do like me and many others, - and live with your battle scars.

Back