Ooops

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got home from work, and tried to get into the garage and some doofus had parked their car smack bang in the middle of the driveway stopping anyone getting in without going over the gutter.
Anyway had to stop, get off, open the gates, and then get back on and get the back wheel over the gutter (which is uneven and broken) when disaster strikes, and the bike starts to go over (probably because I had to turn back behind the car to get in the garage gate which is turning back down the slope in a way, and the uneven gutter).
Didn't have enough leverage to stop it but 'luckily' the mirror stem stopped the bikes fall, right on the inconsiderate doofus's front wheel arch bodywork.

Unfortunately the mirror stem has left a very tiny 1x1mm scratch with a 20c peice dent where it made contact, and even more unfortunately the doofus was my Dad, and the car was his beloved 147 GTA.
Just got to tell him, so he is in a fine mood, along with trying to tell me the 100 ways he would of done it with no issues. (he rides like once a month, and always makes it impossible for me to get my bike in)
Anyway, feel terrible, but am annoyed he purposely put his car there knowing I would be coming home late and tired.
I offered to bang it out for him tomorrow with a hammer, which didn't seem to go down too well.

Any advice? :confused:
Should I have told him, or should I have tried to play it cool? Personally think telling him was the right thing to do, but I know hes gonna make life hell for a long while.
(He's not the type to accept any blame for putting his car somewhere stupid, illegal, and unnecessary either, as there was plenty of parking along the street)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Telling him was definitely the right thing to do. No matter where or why he parked like that, you still hit it. Bummer, I know.

Honesty pays. He would have found out in the end - put 2 and 2 together.

It's your Dad - you only have one. It could have been a lot worse for your bike :)

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
couldn't agree more karen.

a quick story about honesty paying (waiting to meet someone and have time to kill :)

my first youth minister told a story one time in one of his messages. he like to play basketball and would go out to the courts to get in pickup games. he was playing a game and the ball went out of bounds off of him. the other team obvious started to say that. his team was arguing that it went off the other team. he spoke up and said he last touched it. his team mates were pretty mad at him.

fast forward a little in the game and a similar situation repeated itself. this time he didn't touch it. he said he didn't touch it. now his teammates that were mad at him earlier said, "you know he don't lie. give us the ball." he also built a reputation for himself at that court. not only did the short white guy not have to wait forever to get in the game, but people wanted him on their team when he came out. both because he was good and honest.

honesty pays in the end.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kris, Kris, Kris. You should have told him that it happened in the 9 minutes you were gone......and when he asks, "Gone where?", that's when you let it slip that you were in fact kidnapped by aliens. Finish it off with the customary, "You think you've got it bad? I'm the one that got anal probed!"

Now that I've tried to cheer you up.....Of course you did the right thing, telling him.

I have some trouble with my Bro and where he parks his car. If I have a bum bag on I can't squeeze into the garage. I told him.....no joy. So I parked my car in front of the door and left it far enough back that I can get my bike in and out. I think this was peeving him off so he parked his car there instead....far enough over and forward to make it hard to get my bike out even with one car on the driveway.....So I parked my car on the lawn......when the lawn starts to die, no doubt he'll say something.......and I'll go back to the original problem, and see if he cares this time...lol. I've goten home at times and had to climb off the bike onto the bonnet of my car over the high side with the bike on the stand. Now with the FZ1 the muffler is on the side.....even harder to fit. So I can feel your pain. How hard is it to steer slightly to one side?.......it's not like they have to push it up the effing drive....Sheese!

You could sit out the front doing some circle work. When he comes out losing his mind ,you ask in the most reasonable tone imaginable, " While you're out here, could you move your car across a touch? "

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[QUOTE=ozzieboy; "You think you've got it bad? I'm the one that got anal probed!"

Sounds like you're talking from experience ;)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ozzieboy; "You think you've got it bad? I'm the one that got anal probed!" Sounds like you're talking from experience ;)[/quote said:
Stupid Aliens:(:spank::spank::spank:

I did actually call in sick once and tried the "kidnapped by aliens excuse". They thought they had me with the ,"You'll still need a certificate."

But I trumped 'em with the old, "Yeah, I already got one when I went in to get the anal probe removed.":D

Desk....." So you're sick then?"

Me....."Yup. I'll call in first thing tomorrow and let you know either way if I'll be in or not. Get yourself an alfoil hat.......beats the heck out of the alternative."

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I did actually call in sick once and tried the "kidnapped by aliens excuse". They thought they had me with the ,"You'll still need a certificate."

But I trumped 'em with the old, "Yeah, I already got one when I went in to get the anal probe removed.":D

Me....."Yup. I'll call in first thing tomorrow and let you know either way if I'll be in or not. Get yourself an alfoil hat.......beats the heck out of the alternative."

Sure it was aliens ?...Not Japanese she-males :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Kris, Kris, Kris. You should have told him that it happened in the 9 minutes you were gone......and when he asks, "Gone where?", that's when you let it slip that you were in fact kidnapped by aliens. Finish it off with the customary, "You think you've got it bad? I'm the one that got anal probed!"

Now that I've tried to cheer you up.....Of course you did the right thing, telling him.

I have some trouble with my Bro and where he parks his car. If I have a bum bag on I can't squeeze into the garage. I told him.....no joy. So I parked my car in front of the door and left it far enough back that I can get my bike in and out. I think this was peeving him off so he parked his car there instead....far enough over and forward to make it hard to get my bike out even with one car on the driveway.....So I parked my car on the lawn......when the lawn starts to die, no doubt he'll say something.......and I'll go back to the original problem, and see if he cares this time...lol. I've goten home at times and had to climb off the bike onto the bonnet of my car over the high side with the bike on the stand. Now with the FZ1 the muffler is on the side.....even harder to fit. So I can feel your pain. How hard is it to steer slightly to one side?.......it's not like they have to push it up the effing drive....Sheese!

You could sit out the front doing some circle work. When he comes out losing his mind ,you ask in the most reasonable tone imaginable, " While you're out here, could you move your car across a touch? "

ozzieboy; "You think you've got it bad? I'm the one that got anal probed!" Sounds like you're talking from experience ;)[/quote said:

Sure it was aliens ?...Not Japanese she-males :D

My sides are hurtin! :rof::rof::rof:

Kris,
Get the biggest hammer you can find. Like a big sledge and walk around the place till Dad asks, What are you doing?" and tell him your going to fix that dent!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
People...step away from the chocolate!

It's like the brown acid of Easter.....go too far, eat one too many chocolate eggs, and your posting this dribble!

:D:D:D

Kris, you did the right thing, telling the ol'cheese, he will get over it...if not, tell him to HTFU! Sheesh, it's only an Alfa, what if it had been the Hyundai...now then there would be trouble!

:eek:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
People...step away from the chocolate!

It's like the brown acid of Easter.....go too far, eat one too many chocolate eggs, and your posting this dribble!

:D:D:D

Kris, you did the right thing, telling the ol'cheese, he will get over it...if not, tell him to HTFU! Sheesh, it's only an Alfa, what if it had been the Hyundai...now then there would be trouble!

:eek:

Marshmellow Peeps....Can't.. can't..help my self.....Just one more.....Gulp!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's like the brown acid of Easter:eek:

It is?:eek: Do you happen to know where I can score some?:BLAA:

Kris. You could ring one of those mobile paint repair mobs and get a price. If your Old man sees you at least looking into it he'll probably loosen up, and tell you not to waste your dosh.

Or get him some easter eggs:D

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
you were in fact kidnapped by aliens. Finish it off with the customary, "You think you've got it bad? I'm the one that got anal probed!"

That's awesome ozzieboy... not sure thought the probe would have been the first thing that would come to my mind as an excuse... but to each their own :thumbup:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reminds me of Adam Gilchrist,if he knew he was out he wouldn't wait for the umpire,he would walk.

You did the right thing regardless:thumbup: