one winter mod finished :)

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just replaced my levers, grips and bar ends. I find this to be an interesting story. These are the Pazzo clutch and brake lever, as well as the Rizoma grips and Rizoma bar ends off our friend Boneman's 2005 FZ6, which went to the grave last summer. So thank you to Boneman for you part in this story as well as help. I got these parts from dev usc who got them from another forum member, so thank you.
View attachment 33327
Stock grips bar ends for comparison.
Now for the pics:D
View attachment 33323
View attachment 33324
View attachment 33325
View attachment 33326

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
That yellow is AMAZING! OP, can we get a "full body" shot of the bike? I want to see the full effect of the yellow paint.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love it!

33316d1296353588-post-up-your-snow-photos-img_1871.jpg

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, that is it thanks Erric for doing some of the leg work. I have to explain some things though in this pic. First the FE is a temp. Custom fiberglass one in the works. Had to pull the original to reference the mounting points for the model. Second, the back of my seat is not blue, it is painters tape. It is to protect the seat while I am making a model for a seat cowl so i can make one out of carbon fiber.
Here is a pic of the model so far.(work in progress)
View attachment 33329
View attachment 33363
View attachment 33364
View attachment 33365

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Looks fantastic! The gold accents work nicely with the yellow.

That rear seat cowl looks pretty slick!! Can't wait to see that project completed!!!

I must say it is a little weird seeing parts of my bike now on others thousands of miles away. It also brings a smile to my face and helps fill the void left by my FZ6, knowing that parts of it and it's spirt live on. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the yellow looks tacky... :p
JK
I think the new grips look good with the bike, and I think that the yellow looks good on the bike, not a yamaha color exactly, but I like it a lot! :thumbup:
Cant wait to see the new cowel

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode my mate's street triple with Rizoma bars and grips and found them to be too hard, like holding a metal bar. Am I the only person on the planet who doesn't like them?:confused:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
You might be, but if we all like exactly the same thing is would be a boring world, and we would all be riding the exact same bike:(

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very sharp colour scheme. The Rimoza mods, and the black accent on the front fairing make the colour really pop. Nice work. :thumbup:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
As a lifetime Pittsburgh Steelers fan, I dig the paint scheme. You just need to put a Steelers logo on there somewhere. :)

Now come on, I would look silly if I did that after they loose to Greenbay in the Superbowl. :)
check out this thread http://www.600riders.com/forum/bar/35284-green-bay-packers.html

Thank you

No reply from jrevans at all on this. I hope I did not offend him that badly.
My bad here :cheer: go Steelers :cheer:
Plus a confession. I am still confused on how Greenbay made it to the Superbowl after loosing to Detroit.