ON BOARD RACE FOOTAGE FZ6 Cup Bike Australia / New member intro

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is some on board footage of the 4 hour endurance race last year at wakefield park.

This was about half way through the race.
Video is HD, so watch it in full screen & click HD.

Bike is a 06 FZ6 Cup bike.
The suspension was set up way too stiff for me, you will see the back end hopping through some of the corners. Also was having trouble blipping the throttle due to the grips and free play in the throttle cable to the point were it was effecting my braking so i just gave up on it.

[vimeo]87746174[/vimeo]

Here is some photos of the bike from last year,

enK3YwD.jpg

mDCiLUS.jpg

zPD1eOO.jpg

It has undergone a few changes since then. I have removed the upper fairing and front nose cone all together. I've also made my own belly pan for it out of some old bmw s1000rr lower fairings and the bike is in the middle of getting a paint job. Going black again on the tank and tail piece but i've plasti dipped the wheels blaze yellow. They look amazing, more like bright fluro green. Will also do a blaze yellow stripe down the center of the tank and tail piece once they are painted. Once thats done I will sticker her up and take some photos. Should be all finished next week.

Ok here is a little teaser photo to tire you over. The colour of the wheels doesn't show to well in that photo. It is much brighter in person.

wPbEbXx.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome!!! Damn @ 4 hour enduro!! I'm pretty spent at the end of a track day, and that's just 6-7 20-minute sessions!
:bow:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What?!?!? No body position thugs???

Welcome! Looks like a fun bike. :thumbup:

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the kind comments.

As for the 4 hour, we had 3 riders and 2 bikes in our team. In the ideal world, each rider would do 2 separate 40 minute stints. But as usual there were quite a few safety car incidents and some light rain towards the end of the race, so your strategy can often change a few times throughout the race. Looking forward to doing it again this year.

As for the bike, the tank and tail piece is getting painted this week. I hope to have it all finished and stickered up by the end of the weekend. Posting pics next week if all goes well.

I originally wanted an R6 for the track but I acquired this Cup bike fairly cheap. So I have decided to stick with it and bring it closer to r6 spec. Being a naked 600 means I have more options when entering a race category.. I'll get further in the details in my next thread hopefully next week.

Cheers