Old video from a close call on a ride

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
I just came across this old video from a ride that my friend and I went on where a large bird flew out and hit us both. I never wished to be so close to a buzzard in any situation, much less when going along around 50 mph on a motorcycle. No FZ6 in this video unfortunately, hence the section choice. I'm on my old Nighthawk 750 in the front and my buddy behind me is filming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJxhEotL7aE

I have no advice for avoiding this situation. I'm just sharing for comic relief I guess!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same experience with a wild turkey that took off for a short flight to cross the roadway. I ducked down on the tank and just got under the creature at 70 + MPH. Feel sorry for that bird!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^
Been there done that - couple years back came around a corner prepping for S turn (was in transition), just as I stood the bike up to put distance between us, a Turkey Vulture lifts from its road kill into the my right side. Had it went right or stayed where it was there would have been about 8 feet separating us, but nope, clipped it with bar and shoulder.

Feathers..... Not its last meal but a memorable one! :rolleyes: