OK so I bought *really* crappy sliders

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
so yeah bought those sliders off of ebay (the long ones that have fz6 printed on them) and am kinda embarrassed about my bad purchase except that, they have worked for me so far when a friend of mine dumped it over pulling into the garage (5-10 mph), the only thing touching the ground was the "extended" slider and the tires. say what you will but they have served their purpose so far, and yes i probably will replace them with actual rails if the ever come available, until then

so i made an uneducated purchase the day i got my bike home, i felt like they were the most important thing i could buy, thank god i did, even if they are of ebay descent!

:Flip:(P.S. - dont tell me "Yeah well they wont help at any kind of speed" NO SH!T, thats not what they are for. even "brand name" sliders only serve their purpose on occasion (look at some of the past posts of wrecks with sliders), and then dont tell me how weak the hardware is, NO SH!T again...BUUUUUUUUUUUTTT-i guarantee it wont rip my frame up like a "bottle opener" like whats-his-names bike that had to have the frame welded back together or something) :Flip:

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

I have them. I had the aluminum ones by the same people. It slid across the road both lanes and the margin into a ditch and chopped up tree. The last speed I saw on the display was 48 mph. The aluminum ones bent and it cracked the frame boss but not any more than the lip. They did thier job just fine.

All its got to do it keep the engine cases and fuel tank up off the ground. Mine did that till the bike flipped up on top of it.

I dont really think there is anything wrong with them. Also the extended length is a good calf rest, and they keep your feet from getting trapped under the bike.

JMO though for what its worth.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same one's like you around 4" and they say FZ6. Those suckers saved me a heartache. I'm glad to hear all is well with the bike, and as far as any sliders go, as long as they work that's all that matters.

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the ones from D2MOTO and I think they are the same you are talking about. Mine don't have the FZ6 written on them, even though I wanted them... Anyways, I think they are good enough for what they are supposed to do. Have never tested them and I hope I won't... :thumbup:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the FZ6 ones from e bay and when I dropped it at a junction in France, they saved the bike. They are not all that crappy are they??

Steve

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
so yeah bought those sliders off of ebay (the long ones that have fz6 printed on them) and am kinda embarrassed about my bad purchase except that, they have worked for me so far when a friend of mine dumped it over pulling into the garage (5-10 mph), the only thing touching the ground was the \"extended\" slider and the tires. say what you will but they have served their purpose so far, and yes i probably will replace them with actual rails if the ever come available, until then

so i made an uneducated purchase the day i got my bike home, i felt like they were the most important thing i could buy, thank god i did, even if they are of ebay descent!

:Flip:(P.S. - dont tell me \"Yeah well they wont help at any kind of speed\" NO SH!T, thats not what they are for. even \"brand name\" sliders only serve their purpose on occasion (look at some of the past posts of wrecks with sliders), and then dont tell me how weak the hardware is, NO SH!T again...BUUUUUUUUUUUTTT-i guarantee it wont rip my frame up like a \"bottle opener\" like whats-his-names bike that had to have the frame welded back together or something) :Flip:

I think I have those same ones. When I bought my bike the dealer said they'd throw them in for nothing. I was just happy to get them for free I didn't even ask what kinda they were. When i got them in the mail a few days later they were bright blue to match my 08 raven FZ6:mad:!! I didn't bother sending them back so I spraypainted them black with Krylon Fusion(BTW Works surprisingly well)

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I had them also, the only thing i dont like about them is that the bolts that go in them hold your motor to your frame, I didnt really like the plastic between the bolt and frame. When i took it out, the plastic was crushed in.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
so yeah bought those sliders off of ebay (the long ones that have fz6 printed on them) and am kinda embarrassed about my bad purchase except that, they have worked for me so far when a friend of mine dumped it over pulling into the garage (5-10 mph), the only thing touching the ground was the \"extended\" slider and the tires. say what you will but they have served their purpose so far, and yes i probably will replace them with actual rails if the ever come available, until then

:Flip:(P.S. - dont tell me \"Yeah well they wont help at any kind of speed\" NO SH!T, thats not what they are for. even \"brand name\" sliders only serve their purpose on occasion (look at some of the past posts of wrecks with sliders), and then dont tell me how weak the hardware is, NO SH!T again...BUUUUUUUUUUUTTT-i guarantee it wont rip my frame up like a \"bottle opener\" like whats-his-names bike that had to have the frame welded back together or something) :Flip:

He sounds very angry :scared:

NJ GUS

Reaction score
Visit site
So I installed a set of Motovation sliders 2 months ago (with locktite). I'm leaving for work and the wife is in her car parked next to the bike and she says "it looks like one of those things you put on is missing."

WTF. I think I need some stronger locktite. I just ordered another set. I didn't need that $80 anyway. :(

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh no! You have to pay around $100 for frame sliders before they will work (joke). Yeah, delrin seems to be used on most brands. The more expensive ones sometimes have replaceable pucks and also might be made from a more durable material that will last longer in a slide. I understand the major complaint with one particular brand sold on ebay is that they don't have metal inserts. They start crumbling/coming apart upon tightening them.