I JET'S FZ6 Cup Bike..Freshly Painted & Stickered. (Pic Heavy)

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely! I actually just purchased a tire kit of the daytona yellow full spectrum plasti dip. (supposed to be just like blaze yellow, but won't fade over time and doesn't need coats of white underneath.) Working on getting the wheels off tonight and cleaning them up good tonight and tomorrow so I can paint her and have her ready by the weekend. Looks great!!! Thanks!

So - cat's out of the bag - I dipped my bike - pics to come when the weather/lighting outside is conducive to riding. but the thing I want to say -

I got the full spectrum red - and I'm not sure if it's because of the surface I was painting with it (shock spring and subframe) or because of the paint, but the coverage was pretty awful, compared with the black or white standard dip that I was using. Let me know your thoughts on it when you do that. I'd been thinking of going white or red with the wheels, decided against it but I may still change my mind - I'm going to need to pick up another can or two of white for the bellypan I just got - which is always nice :)

I advise using turtlewax ice to protect the dip - makes it a lot tougher and resistant to dirt/grime.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
So - cat's out of the bag - I dipped my bike - pics to come when the weather/lighting outside is conducive to riding. but the thing I want to say -

I got the full spectrum red - and I'm not sure if it's because of the surface I was painting with it (shock spring and subframe) or because of the paint, but the coverage was pretty awful, compared with the black or white standard dip that I was using. Let me know your thoughts on it when you do that. I'd been thinking of going white or red with the wheels, decided against it but I may still change my mind - I'm going to need to pick up another can or two of white for the bellypan I just got - which is always nice :)

I advise using turtlewax ice to protect the dip - makes it a lot tougher and resistant to dirt/grime.

It's okay, it's okay. I wasn't going to talk about mine until after I dipped her too! Make sure you do a nice write-up for dipping the whole bike! I may do the same sometime!

Seriously, though, the BEST thing in the world would be if they came out with a totally clear neverwet product. Clear superhydrophobic coating would be amazing for keeping it clean and sexy looking!

Anyway, I JET, I reeeeally love the cup bike. Looks great man!