mod to improve or mod cos of bordem?

sparkycrew

Reaction score
Visit site
hy guys,as the title says,what are we thinking when mod our bikes

for me i couldnt afford to swop my low mileage 4 year old fz6-n,iam the only owner from new and she's paid for,fancied and fz8-n,shes's also mint albert the enevitable stone chips,

i decieded to address all the points that annoyed me,modding for me has to have some rider benifit,or its just pointless,but i dont/wont knock anyone who mods there bike to there own taste,iam just interested in peoples thinking behind each mod,i reed on the forum about mods and sometimes think (why) but i stress these are my own thoughts and good look to anyone who mods there bike and are happy with it,i also think some mods add value but its always stock bikes that are worth more when they reach classic status,
my mods are
1, gilles rearsets, iam 6'5" tall and they are really useful to me
2,hyperpro/any uprated fork spring,gives confidence in front end
3,fly screen yami part,good for my tall frame
4,frame sliders,could save or cost depending on crash type
5.belly pan yami part,total waste of time but i love it
6,pazzo or copy levers,nice touch for tuning lever travel(i have copys)

so they are my mods only the belly has no real use other than protecting my down pipes from stone chips

so jump in guys tell us what you got and what you thinking at the time:rockon: nick

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
exhaust -> give it a bit of character
fly screen -> pretty useful for keeping some of the wind off, tried it without and i prefer having it on
top box -> probably the most useful thing
braided brakes -> helped improve brake feel a lot

i would like to upgrade the front forks as they are too soft, i'd also like to improve fueling with a power commander

i don't really do stuff for the sake of it, i do it to improve things

sparkycrew

Reaction score
Visit site
i read your post greg then checked your profile,i knew you were from the uk
check for corrosion on the last 5 inches of the handle bar,clean and grease the throttle tube it made mine a different bike,
i prefer to ride without the screen it gives a great feeling of flying,gets tiresome after 5 mins though
did you feel any power gains from the exhaust?
+++++1 on extra storage,i commute on a 125 scooter and the underseat storage is mint

Last edited:

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's a little bit of both. Boredom, and functionality. Considering I've added weight with mods. Then again I live in probably one of the windiest areas in the states. Surrounded by Delta, bay, flatlands. It's a work in progress....hey nice bike..

redoliander

Reaction score
Visit site
R6 front forks and brakes.
Sv650 headlight due to a crash tearing the front end off.
Braided front brake lines.
Danmoto clipons.
Heated grips.
06 R6r front brembo master.
Valter Moto rearsets.
Custom chain guard.
15 tooth front sprocket.
07 top triple clamp.
07 rear swingarm.
Fender eliminator.
View attachment 42206

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm one of those shallow people who does aesthetic mods that don't have any real benefit. When I was in the market for a new bike, I was looking at the R6 as my primary choice, but I couldn't stand the seating position, and I wanted something with undertail exhaust for the looks (I'm picky), but the R1 was way out of my range and I wasn't really a fan of the competition's bikes.

So when I found out about the FZ6, it was perfect. I've just modified it to look a little more "racey", closer to the R6 design style. So I get the comfort I want and the looks I love. Works for me I suppose. I don't do week-long trips so I never intended to make this a full-on tourer like some people with proper windscreens, grips, fairing bits, luggage, etc. To each their own! Ride the way you love to ride!

barend2.jpg

barend1.jpg

barend4.jpg

Some things have changed slightly since the pictures, but:

Bar end mirrors with Rhino-moto bar ends
Black heelguard inserts
Chopped and tinted windscreen
Steel radiator guard
Sliders
Fender eliminator (I have a different one now than pictured above)
Integrated smoke tail light (paired with new LED signals at the rear)
LED turn signals front and rear
TCP Seat Cowl
Throttle Rocker
R6 Mirror block-offs

I was thinking: "This is going to look awesome when I'm done. Can't wait to ride it". I love going on scenic road trips and taking pictures with my bike. The seating position and comfort factor let me ride for about 4-5 hours so I can easily reach the Rocky Mountains and ride all through them. And I still get the sleek looks I love from supersports/litre bikes.

sparkycrew

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm one of those shallow people who does aesthetic mods that don't have any real benefit. When I was in the market for a new bike, I was looking at the R6 as my primary choice, but I couldn't stand the seating position, and I wanted something with undertail exhaust for the looks (I'm picky), but the R1 was way out of my range and I wasn't really a fan of the competition's bikes.

So when I found out about the FZ6, it was perfect. I've just modified it to look a little more "racey", closer to the R6 design style. So I get the comfort I want and the looks I love. Works for me I suppose. I don't do week-long trips so I never intended to make this a full-on tourer like some people with proper windscreens, grips, fairing bits, luggage, etc. To each their own! Ride the way you love to ride!

barend2.jpg

barend1.jpg

barend4.jpg

Some things have changed slightly since the pictures, but:

Bar end mirrors with Rhino-moto bar ends
Black heelguard inserts
Chopped and tinted windscreen
Steel radiator guard
Sliders
Fender eliminator (I have a different one now than pictured above)
Integrated smoke tail light (paired with new LED signals at the rear)
LED turn signals front and rear
TCP Seat Cowl
Throttle Rocker
R6 Mirror block-offs

I was thinking: "This is going to look awesome when I'm done. Can't wait to ride it". I love going on scenic road trips and taking pictures with my bike. The seating position and comfort factor let me ride for about 4-5 hours so I can easily reach the Rocky Mountains and ride all through them. And I still get the sleek looks I love from supersports/litre bikes.

thats a nice bike,i wouldnt say your shallow, my own thoughts are fz's are the thinking mans bike of choice,all day comfort,have some midrange over a supersport,cheap enough to mod,and 8/10th as quick,
thats a nice subtle look you have,like the colour and fairing graphics, i didnt know the us doesnt get the fz6-n model,sh!t just checked your profile and your canadian (sorry)

Last edited: