Oil pump cover?

Topher

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys Happy Thanksgiving.
Went out for a ride today and notice a drip one of the radiator hoses here are some pics. And no I was not the one that dropped the bike the guy I got it from has it sprocketed down to use as a wheelie bike and laid it down a few times. But anyways there is a small drip of oil coming from the bottom of this piece more specifically from the bottom screw so I think I'm just going to replace the whole piece but I wanted to make sure I'm ordering the right part it is the oil pump cover correct?

2cx8aqr.jpg

f9nzh0.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha does call it an oil pump cover in its parts fisch:

Part #16: Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2005 FZ6 - FZS6T CRANKCASE COVER 1 Diagram

Don't for get a new gasket and you'll need some sealer where the PU senor rubber/wire harness enters.

You can swap the cover W/o draining the oil(use side stand). You'll also need a torx tool and a heat gun helps break
loose the locktite hold that screw in.

For a shortcut, put a sturdy stool right next to the engine once the cover is off.
Place the cover on the stool and work away(removing the PU sensor).

Saves lifting the tank, chasing down the wiring harness. Might take 40 minutes if you have the tools you need...

Topher

Reaction score
Visit site
The PU sensor is that the black disc in the center of the plate or is it attached to the inside of the cover when you take it off. I'm going to order the parts. I'm feeling confident after changing the spark plugs so I hope this will be a little easier. I probably need to order some new screws as well for that cover since they might be a little shaved down from the fall or even bent.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The PU sensor is that the black disc in the center of the plate or is it attached to the inside of the cover when you take it off. I'm going to order the parts. I'm feeling confident after changing the spark plugs so I hope this will be a little easier. I probably need to order some new screws as well for that cover since they might be a little shaved down from the fall or even bent.

That center "screw" simply allows access to the crankshaft bolt so you can spin the engine over slowly (say to check valves).

The sensor is just inside the cover, attached to the cover, off to the side.

It's actually easier to swap that cover (with the correct tools) than swapping spark plugs, faster too..

Just use the tips I posted above, And put a towel on your stool when setting the new cover down to install the sensor.
Use a drop of loctite on just the sensor screw when re-installing too.