ohlins rear suspension!

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
finally got my ohlins rear suspension installed. i didnt personally do it myself. but i was taking pictures when my mechanic was installing it.

so just a brief commentary on the pictures:
1) from a new box
2) removed the rear hugger
3) removed the side cover
4) removed the stock suspension
5) stock suspension
6) installed the rear shock
7) reservoir tucked neatly into the left side of the underseat

apologises that i couldnt give a more detailed guide as to how to install it, but better than nothing! :BLAA:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same rear shock on my fizzer, wait till you get it set up to your liking, coupled with your ohlins springs at the front, the handling is awesome...:rockon:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you buy your's from? I am going to order mine any time. I have the coin but still can't ride for some time due to Rotator Cuff surgery a month ago. I'm curious if it's very easy to set up the sag on the new shock. Also how easy is it to do the front springs in the forks? This was to be my winter mod but it's going to be spring mod instead. Thanks for all your help. :thumbup::thumbup:

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Please give ordering info, link and price and how long it takes to get to you.

I just got Hyper Pro's and 15wt up front and it really changed the bike. Now I'm thinking this for the rear. I have the Hyper Pro rear spring and not installed it yet. I'm enjoying what I got so far.

I just wonder if this mated with my front springs will be ok.

Thanks,

Dennis

ps. thanks for the pics.

Last edited:

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
VERY nice modification there! I think that will help the bike's handling tremendously.

Do you mind my asking how much that set you back?

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i paid a visit to the ohlins local distributor here and bought it from them. it took about 3-4 weeks as they had no stock and needed to order.

will update the price when i get home.. :)

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
ohlins front fork spring this time!

just installed the ohlins front fork springs.. much much better than the stock ones!

just to share some pictures:

1) Ohlins front fork springs + ohlins fork oil
2) Ohlins fork oil specs
3) just before the work starts
4) front fender and tyre taken out
5) the pair of front fork taken out
6) dust cover and oil seal (am i right)
7) look at that murky looking liquid! previous owner didnt service his front fork
8) ohlins front fork
9) letters/numbers at the top of the front fork (when installing, please note that these must be facing the top)
10) installed and ready to fit it back.

PS: can mods please edit thread title to Ohlins front fork spring + rear shocks/suspension? :Sport: or is it better to shift this post to a new thread?

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Yoshiki!!

I am from Singapore too!!

Are part of Singapore Bike Forum? Would love to see your buike with the ohlins!

Mine sharing the damage for the front fork and rear ohlins?

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
haha yoshiki u have really spent a huge bomb on these! from what i predicted, the damage should be around $3K SGD I think. the front springs alone will cost $200++ rear shock should be above 2K range.

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
haha yoshiki u have really spent a huge bomb on these! from what i predicted, the damage should be around $3K SGD I think. the front springs alone will cost $200++ rear shock should be above 2K range.

Ohlin fromt springs cost $200?? let me go check Unique Motor's pricing.

By the way, Sold off the fazer? What are yiu riding now?

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
i remember the last time i ask its around $240 no installation nothing. Nope, haven't got a good price for the bike so jus carry on riding. Still continuing to mod it up... haha

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Yoshiki!!

I am from Singapore too!!

Are part of Singapore Bike Forum? Would love to see your buike with the ohlins!

Mine sharing the damage for the front fork and rear ohlins?

Ohlin fromt springs cost $200?? let me go check Unique Motor's pricing.

By the way, Sold off the fazer? What are yiu riding now?

i remember the last time i ask its around $240 no installation nothing. Nope, haven't got a good price for the bike so jus carry on riding. Still continuing to mod it up... haha

hi yos_bikey and farish!

its not as expensive as you guys think! its 1 of the 1st upgrade i planned to do and i did it. the stock suspension really quite lousy. there's no confidence for me to take corners using the stock. to me its more impt than exhausts. but next up should be exhausts. ;) my advise is to go sporting motors if you guys want professional workmanship.

will meet up with you guys when there's chance..

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
hi yos_bikey and farish!

its not as expensive as you guys think! its 1 of the 1st upgrade i planned to do and i did it. the stock suspension really quite lousy. there's no confidence for me to take corners using the stock. to me its more impt than exhausts. but next up should be exhausts. ;) my advise is to go sporting motors if you guys want professional workmanship.

will meet up with you guys when there's chance..

haha true enough, the front fork is terrible... after collecting the bike in a week's time i went back to the local yamaha to complain about the front fork. But the Yamaha guys gave me tonnes of bullshyt to buzz me off.. So I actually serviced my fork less dan a week old... change the Oil and got better grades oil and increase the quantity. got better for awhile... but after 2years, It has soften again... I'm still thinking whether should I go for the Spring upgrade or R6 fork conversion...

Yea guys do arrange for a meet up one day! we can all get amazed by one another's bike
haha

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
go for the r6 front fork upgrade if your budget allows.. get the inverted ones. downside is that it requires alot of work..
but i am sure after you install that, plus ohlins rear shocks.. the bike is good to go for some track session! assuming you have changed your brakelines.

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
Yoshiki!!

I was wondering, if i do the ohlins front fork spring and have stock rear suspension, will there be a significant improvement in handling??

Yeah i find the fazer's fronmt suspension kinda sucky