Ohlins install

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Please do share the cost, place of purchase, time and effort for install? Thanks for sharing the pics!

Road report please!?!?! :D

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Install is really rather easy, just gotta take a lot of things off to get to it. Yamaha did a great job with this bike though, and pretty much everything is easy to get to and remove. The only thing that sucked was getting out the plastic retainer pin in the hugger. It is a plastic pushpin into the swingarm. I ended up just breaking it and putting a different one in... Time...I dunno...a few hours I guess. Since I took a lot of stuff off, I figured I'd clean it good since I may never have it off again.

Also, since I had the wrong model, I ended up doing a couple of things you wouldn't normally need to. The only thing different is the location of the hose for the reservior. Also, I think it gives you a differnt place to mount it, since in '07 Yamaha added the helmet holder.

I bought it directly from Ohlins in Hendersonville, NC. I cannot say how much I paid, since my friend works there. If you are serious about getting one, PM me and I'll give you his contact info. I believe they're around $800, but don't quote me...

I guess they use the '07 model (Ohlins S46HR1C1) for the older ones now too:
hlins Racing AB

Do a Google search and you'll find it...Here's one:
FZ6 - Indysuperbikes

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Performance is amazing, esp. when coupled with a heavier springed fork. Sticks to the road better, way more confidence inspiring, much more stable turn-in, smoother ride overall I think. You might feel some of the small bumps a little more, but it'll never buck you on a big bump once you get it adjusted. :rockon:

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
very nice. i wanna get it too. just wondering, is it possible to mount the reservoir under the seat? having a gold cylinder hanging out is kind of an eye sore even though it's screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!" LOL

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Ohlins shock with the remote reservoir, full adjustment, and ride height adjustment...and once you get it set up right, with a decent front end set up, the handling is sublime.

:thumbup:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
very nice. i wanna get it too. just wondering, is it possible to mount the reservoir under the seat? having a gold cylinder hanging out is kind of an eye sore even though it's screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!" LOL

The idea is to get air flow on the cylinder, so it keeps the performance more consistent..... the remote res line is probably long enough, if you wanted to hide it under the seat in the tray you might be able to.

Putting it under the seat tray in the space the swing arm travels through may lead to clearance issues. Others that have installed Ohlins have managed to tuck the thing in a bit.

Once you put it where you can't easily reach it, the adjustibility becomes a bit more difficult.....

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com

I think you can put it under the seat, but I'm not sure. I got a killer deal on mine, but it happens to be for the earlier model years. All they did for our '07 & newer bikes was rotate the fitting a little, but I thik it makes quite a difference in the fitment. That hose is STIFF!

MCFC21

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you can put it under the seat, but I'm not sure. I got a killer deal on mine, but it happens to be for the earlier model years. All they did for our '07 & newer bikes was rotate the fitting a little, but I thik it makes quite a difference in the fitment. That hose is STIFF!
I like the fact u can see the resevoir to be honest ....why did you go for the ya 402 over the ya 543 . Cannot see the difference easily between them myself from website.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I like the fact u can see the resevoir to be honest ....why did you go for the ya 402 over the ya 543 . Cannot see the difference easily between them myself from website.

I got a killer deal on it. The only difference is that the fitting it rotated differently. I had to cut away a little bit of the underseat storage box, and the updated one fits without having to do that. But now with that little bit of box missing, you can see more of this great shock :D