now an oil leak

desperate

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been posting about my new fz6 making strange noises, well I went out for a ride this morning and it was still the same but worst thing is I get home have a look around and see oil seeping down the side of the sump on the side I have previously smelt burning.

On further investigation the gasket all around the sump is weeping oil, not a lot but it is there.

I was told jap bikes with oil leaks don't exist, well I have got a new one and the rubber bush to the centre stand fell off minor I know, but bits falling off is not good. Definatley going to take to the dealer next week.

Begining to loose confidence in this bike.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been posting about my new fz6 making strange noises, well I went out for a ride this morning and it was still the same but worst thing is I get home have a look around and see oil seeping down the side of the sump on the side I have previously smelt burning.

On further investigation the gasket all around the sump is weeping oil, not a lot but it is there.

I was told jap bikes with oil leaks don't exist, well I have got a new one and the rubber bush to the centre stand fell off minor I know, but bits falling off is not good. Definatley going to take to the dealer next week.

Begining to loose confidence in this bike.

Top up the oil and get to the dealer immediately. Watch that rear tire!!

Any bike will leak (Japanese or not) if something is broken.... it's rare on these bikes for a spontaneous failures to occur, but clearly you have a leak. At least this is a problem that's easy to prove.

When my dealer did the prep on my bike they left a brake caliper loose (!) scratched the windshield, and added almost NO coolant! All that after I had to listen to them ramble on about their 'award winning' service dept. I wonder what kind of award they won.....

desperate

Reaction score
Visit site
A new update, just got back from the dealer. I called in un announced and reported the oil leak and the vibration. They took it straight in looked it over and test drove it.

It was then taken back into the workshop for about 45 mins. The oil leak was alleged to have come from the dipstick which had a duff washer, so a new one fitted and the technician agreed that the whole bike had a vibration. He checked and tightend every nut and bolt he could.

If the problems persist I am to take it back.

desperate

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like they were right about the dip stick , oil leak cured. But that buzzy vibration is still there. I can feel it through the pegs, starts at 4k all the way to 7k after that I am hanging on so don't know.

It is really buzzy , does anyone else get this ? I will get them to check it again just to put my mind at rest.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep pleanty of posts on how buzzy/vibrating these bikes are in that rev range. Mine even rattles like made untill i pull the clutch in, which annoys the hell out of me.