Not sure what exhaust to get.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My exhaust shipped, but I'm a bit worried. Their site said it fits 04-09 bikes. The part number on their site is for an 04-06, mine is an 07. Do these kits come with pipes to fit both, or am I screwed?

I checked the Ron Ayers site for the part numbers and they are very similar. The manufacturer may have produced the part until 2006 and that's why there is a cutoff at 2006 for bike that it fits. The seller may know that it fits the S2 versions as well which include 2007 to 2009 years. :)

2007 Yamaha FZ6 (FZS6WC) Exhaust | Ron Ayers
and
2006 Yamaha FZ-6 (FZS6VC) Exhaust | Ron Ayers

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Scorpion has separate part numbers for s1 and s2 though. I will see when it shows up today, but I have a feeling I might be sending it back.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion has separate part numbers for s1 and s2 though. I will see when it shows up today, but I have a feeling I might be sending it back.

I would call your guy now and tell him of your concerns. Hopefully, they didn't ship yet. I'm pretty sure their the same. Or, I'd call Scorpio direct and make sure they fit the S1 and S2's.

You'll be really surprised how well and DIFFERENT, the bike will sound and behave..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't want to waste a new thread, but.
3 ways to increase the sound on FZ6:

3. Slip-ons

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Modifying, (drilling or gutting) will make the bike slightly louder (listening to audio here and posters opinions).

BUT, aftermarket mufflerS do loose weight on the rear, are NOT half the heat sink the stock muffler is and they are considerably louder and DEEPER a tone than a hacked stock muffler.

Go to the Scorpion site, they have dyno charts showing slight HP increases as well.

My Scorps are slip ons with ALL the CATs. No added on fuel modifiers, all stock. Runs great, NO BACKFIRE at all on de-cel (even to 14K).

The bike, once past 8k, sounds like a 1000cc go fast bike and literally screams.

How I haven't been stopped yet, I'm knocking on wood right now..

Last edited:

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
They will not fit. They are boxed up, ready to return. They will send me a new set when they get the old ones back if I want.

The moral of the story: There are no pipes that will fit 04-09. Make sure you are getting the right pipes!

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck, I paid about $500, 6 years ago!! That's a great deal..

Hi Scott,
I saw in 58cycle.com 2004-2006 and 2007-2012, same with revzilla.
I tried price matching with revzilla, for Titanium/Stainless, but it says 2007-2012 doesn't have Titanium (for 30$, I get the titanium vs steel)
Please refresh my memory, does it matter which year it says or it was meant for a reason?
I remember the muffler assembly (stock) is the same for S1 and S2.

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
It has to do with how the cat pipe is angled. The earlier bikes have a 45° angle while the s2 is much sharper. The canisters are the same.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Scott,
I saw in 58cycle.com 2004-2006 and 2007-2012, same with revzilla.
I tried price matching with revzilla, for Titanium/Stainless, but it says 2007-2012 doesn't have Titanium (for 30$, I get the titanium vs steel)
Please refresh my memory, does it matter which year it says or it was meant for a reason?
I remember the muffler assembly (stock) is the same for S1 and S2.

Well, the S2 ended in 2009, so the bikes 2010 and up, are fared and a bit different (so I would be very reluctant there if the same pipes would fit)..

I think the mid pipe (rear cat) between the S1 and S2' are slightly different, (maybe the S1 shorter as I re-call reading here but I'm not sure).

There's obviously a difference per post #25.

A call or e-mail to Scorpion should get you an answer if you get the right person...

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
It has to do with how the cat pipe is angled. The earlier bikes have a 45° angle while the s2 is much sharper. The canisters are the same.

How about replacing the cat delete pipe? I know it makes the bike much louder, but that would be a much better option if we're buying a used one.
So S1's cans with S2 cat elim mid-pipe.
I've just sent out an email, as the phone number is something I can't reach for free.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
People the only difference is the mid pipe length.

Mines an S2, I made a cat-delete from S2 cat w 2bro exh.
Later, installed an S1 header on an S2 chassis using a shortened S2 cat delete midpipe...

The mid length is about 1.5" shorter, but uses the same mounting hardware...
The issue at hand for some can installes is if the can and Y pipe will directly couple to the OEM mid pipe. 2 bro allows this. So the 2bro pipe fits both S1 and S2 with or without an aftermarket mid pipe. Others may not!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Somewhere I have a pic of S1 vs S2 mid pipe. I'll edit this if I find it.

S1 header left. S2 right. S1 header outlet is longer and smoother.
IMG_20150111_131156_485_zpsu6fd6uuv.jpg

S2
IMG_20141003_175014_358_zps03bc8f93.jpg

S2
IMG_20141003_175156_936_zpsf837f9da.jpg

S1 header and midpipe for S2 chassis
IMG_20150114_182431_348_zpsmez30j0y.jpg

Soupnutz

Reaction score
Visit site
Im partial to delkevic myself. Decently priced, look great and sound good to me. Had one on my last bike that i like stop i got one for this one also. Left the db killers in and it was loud but not too loud with the stock mid pipe. Installed a de-catted midpipe and it got a lot louder. Still not too loud, but I wear ear plugs anyway. With the db killers out, I think it would be retarted loud.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll have to pick a time and call it winter! Pull the pipe and polish it! Although, fitting a "test pipe" in that section has its rewards!

Heck its just getting into riding season down here.

The bike is NOT coming apart, If anything I might "do it" right there on the bike.. I wouldn't mind a de-CAT but its plenty loud for me now and runs like a top..

**I wonder if the extra heat of the CAT would make any difference keeping it polished / cleaned up?**

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it does. If you noticed the stock sections do polish up but the heat is definitely playing a role in color change.

Raditated temps on legs an boots are much lower too without all them cats hanging around!

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone instead of starting a new thread I thought I might add to this
I'm a new member just signed up a little while ago. I have a 2005 FZ6 and wonder the same question as the OP. Tax money will be in soon and I have the stock system for my FZ6. I just got it Aug 2015 and the stock is way too quiet. I compare it to an electric bike when I take off.

I'm in the market to drop $400 or so on a system. Not looking for crazy loud since I'm in a townhouse neighborhood, but something with a nice tone and that sounds nice at high RPMs. I'm looking at just the cans not the full system. As SoupNutz spoke about the Delkevic I saw it on Ebay last night for the 8" shorty cans with DB killers for around $450. I also saw Dan Moto but I'm quiet sure those are obnoxiously loud.

Also would any of the systems being Delkevic, Arrow, or any others pass inspection without issues? I'm sure it depends on the state but with DB killers in should any of the systems pass or because they are labelled as" track use" they won't no matter what?

Thanks!