Northeast FZ6 Meet - Aug 23rd 2008

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in.

I'll be slabbing it up Saturday morning from Boston (leaving 5-5:30AM), and will probably get a hotel room in North Conway on Sat night. Christ, $200 for a Holiday Inn in NH... :eek: I'll get a room with 2 beds so if anyone needs a place to stay I'd be more than happy to split the bill. On Sunday I'm thinking of heading down to the Maine coast and through Portsmouth etc back home.

Should be an epic weekend! :rockon:

Last edited:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not in North Conway but myself and ant_mb are both staying here in Lincoln.

Riverbank Motel

It's old school in that they don't take credit cards but it is cheap 60-75 a night and had a few good reviews on tripadvisor.com. When I called he said they like to make two-night minimums but make exceptions if one-night butts up to another stay or if it's close to the time of arrival. They're online reservations don't really work but it may be worth a call to see if you can save some cash compared to 200/night.

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in.

I'll be slabbing it up Saturday morning from Boston (leaving 5-5:30AM), and will probably get a hotel room in North Conway on Sat night. Christ, $200 for a Holiday Inn in NH... :eek: I'll get a room with 2 beds so if anyone needs a place to stay I'd be more than happy to split the bill. On Sunday I'm thinking of heading down to the Maine coast and through Portsmouth etc back home.

Should be an epic weekend! :rockon:

Damn!! I paid $131 for Friday and Saturday night.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn!! I paid $131 for Friday and Saturday night.

That is part of how I ended up just booking Fri and Sat - figure I can slab it fri night if I can't leave work early (don't know yet) get a couple extra hours sleep and still be cheaper than staying one night at a chain.

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I can't make it, you know, I have to work on Saturday. Wait... who works on Saturday????? Hahaha im kidding, I AM IN!!!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
That is part of how I ended up just booking Fri and Sat - figure I can slab it fri night if I can't leave work early (don't know yet) get a couple extra hours sleep and still be cheaper than staying one night at a chain.

Yea the place is a real bargin. I just hope I won't be sharing my bed with a roach!:eek:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's no roaches that far north, but a wide variety of spiders, ticks,deer flies,;)

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I'll be leaving Fri afternoon and stopping (hopefully briefly) at Freedom Cycle in Concord to get the sprocket nut recall done assuming the parts come in. Then I'll continue on to Lincoln - any recommendations for a decent place for dinner in Lincoln or North Woodstock?

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't heard about this?

when i called to get my TPS sensor the dealer looked up my VIN and told me there was two open recalls - the TPS sensor and the sprocket nut. I forget the affected years (think 2004 and 2005) but it must be limited b/c there's not much info out that I found. Symptom is relaxation of sprocket washer which allows loosening of sprocket nut torque and then fretting of the nut and washer. Sounds pretty minor. They got the TPS hardware and that's taken care of but the nut was on backorder but finally shipped yesterday.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Weather is still looking good all! Rob, I will call you on Friday with some resort info.

Thanks all for making the time to come up and ride this weekend! Let's have a safe and great ride!!

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you all have a fantastic ride this weekend... wish I was able to go. Next time I hope. Ride Safe! Take lots of photos please ;)

Deb

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Weather is still looking good all! Rob, I will call you on Friday with some resort info.

Thanks all for making the time to come up and ride this weekend! Let's have a safe and great ride!!

Sounds good, i have been meaning to call you but it has still been crazy busy at work, and now with the puppy at home i have had no time either...

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I preped the bike for the trip today. The black Galfer lines, I ordered finally came in today, so I them installed this evening. Charged the battery, changed oil, washed it, lubed the chain, and checked all the bolts. It's more than ready!

On a side note I'll be traveling 2 up as well. I'll be leaving here around 3:30, and hitting NYC traffic right at rush hour on Friday.:eek: Garmin says a little over 6 hours, so I'm hoping to make it in 8, which would put me at the hotel around 11:30. I'm feel like a kid on Christmas eve.:D

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I preped the bike for the trip today. The black Galfer lines, I ordered finally came in today, so I them installed this evening. Charged the battery, changed oil, washed it, lubed the chain, and checked all the bolts. It's more than ready!

On a side note I'll be traveling 2 up as well. I'll be leaving here around 3:30, and hitting NYC traffic right at rush hour on Friday.:eek: Garmin says a little over 6 hours, so I'm hoping to make it in 8, which would put me at the hotel around 11:30. I'm feel like a kid on Christmas eve.:D

Ride safe! See you up there.

Oh, and Eric (trip coordinator extraordinaire), I decided to stay at the Comfort Inn in Lincoln Sat night so I'll be riding back with the pack after dining in North Conway.