NorCal/SoCal ride 2011

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm kind of liking Nate's map #2 for the ride home on Sunday.

460 miles, but less hours at just over 9. This route includes "Rossi's Driveway": MAP 2

It would be a haul for Stacy to Sacramento (but he's one tough dude) and Stacy could bail out at Coalinga if he wanted to. This way we might even persuade Kenny to hitch along for a while before heading back to the desert.
Just my .01 worth....

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been keeping my eye on you guys...

Hoping I can join you for next Saturday's ride, but work has been crazy and Saturdays are on the table for the next few weeks -so I'm a definite 'maybe'.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been keeping my eye on you guys...

Hoping I can join you for next Saturday's ride, but work has been crazy and Saturdays are on the table for the next few weeks -so I'm a definite 'maybe'.

It would be awesome if you could make it dude. :rockon:
Fingers crossed....

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm kind of liking Nate's map #2 for the ride home on Sunday.

460 miles, but less hours at just over 9. This route includes "Rossi's Driveway": MAP 2

It would be a haul for Stacy to Sacramento (but he's one tough dude) and Stacy could bail out at Coalinga if he wanted to. This way we might even persuade Kenny to hitch along for a while before heading back to the desert.
Just my .01 worth....

I vote that we definitely take 33 on the way back (using Cali_Rider's route to get from the OC to Ojai)....especially if this means VegasRider will be joining us.

I also like MAP 2 for the ride back if that is what everyone wants to do but with one modification to avoid a road that I know has about 2 miles of dirt in the middle of it: MAP 2.1 I'm pretty flexible so long as we stay off the main highways.

I love Rossi's driveway :D Anyone familiar with it?

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
Rossi's Driveway..........best road ever? Wow, yes.....incredible. Great pavement, great challenge....get to the bottom and go back up and do it again.

It like being on a great fast roller coaster at 6 Flags on a day with no crowds and the guy pushing the buttons asks you if you want to ride again. Hell yes!!!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I vote for map 2.1. It's very similar to the one we had planned on last year. It looks like a great time, and avoiding I5 entirely would be good.

Nice link Nate. :thumbup:
I wouldn't mind riding that road at all.......:D

Can you believe we rode right past this last year on the way home??? I remember seeing a LOT of sportbikes all of a sudden, right before we got to Santa Margarita (where we stopped for gas at that little station we thought was closed). Now I know where they were going...

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I vote for map 2.1. It's very similar to the one we had planned on last year. It looks like a great time, and avoiding I5 entirely would be good.

Can you believe we rode right past this last year on the way home??? I remember seeing a LOT of sportbikes all of a sudden, right before we got to Santa Margarita (where we stopped for gas at that little station we thought was closed). Now I know where they were going...

Lol, we were too busy looking for a gas station for me since I was too dumb to fill my tank to the top. :spank:
I vote for map 2.1 myself.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol, we were too busy looking for a gas station for me since I was too dumb to fill my tank to the top. :spank:
I vote for map 2.1 myself.

HAHA, I was originally going to say that I saw a lot of sportbikes when we stopped to check for the NEAREST gas station because you were on F-trip, but I changed my story. Thanks for letting the truth out :thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanna ride I wanna ride I wanna riiiiide......

Have not taken my FZ6 on a multiday ride in just over one year now! The tires I have on the bike were fresh before my last long ride (~2,400 miles) and only have about 2,800 on them (well, the rear does, the front wore out, was replaced, and has 20 miles on it). Been riding my KTM too much!!!! I was actually scheduled to do a 2,000 mile trip in April but my route was receiving snow and 20 degree temps so I took my 5 speed go-kart instead and did a coastal route.

I need this ride! Now you see why I can't bring myself to slab it down on Friday?? :D

Have a good weekend everyone...

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanna ride I wanna ride I wanna riiiiide......

I need this ride! Now you see why I can't bring myself to slab it down on Friday?? :D

Have a good weekend everyone...

Maybe Yamaha will introduce sometime an "Autoride" feature convenient for straight slab runs. I still think that somebody should introduce state legislation to set the speed on I-5 (and some other roads), to 90-100 MPH for much of that freeway in the central valley---F the stinkin' feds and its threats to withold highway funds, etc. STATE'S RIGHTS! Cracks me up---US constitution says that states have automony but lousy federal/nanny gov't then turns around and engages in extortion to get its way. We're treated like children. I hate it. Map 2.1 is good.

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Chemiker & Lefty: On the return to NorCal Sunday, I'll be dropping of just after Coalinga (spending the night in King City). I'm kinda chickening out for the one-day return to Sacramento from LA and decided that I will do will do it over two days. I don't have a work schedule for the summer (thanks to our fabulous CA state budget) and might as well take it easy.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Chemiker & Lefty: On the return to NorCal Sunday, I'll be dropping of just after Coalinga (spending the night in King City). I'm kinda chickening out for the one-day return to Sacramento from LA and decided that I will do will do it over two days. I don't have a work schedule for the summer (thanks to our fabulous CA state budget) and might as well take it easy.

Stacy, that sounds like a wise plan. We'll be glad be be riding along with you up 'till then :rockon:

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, me too. My collarbone is healing up well for those who asked. :) Hope to see you Friday for din.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New saddlebags today..check
Pre ride bike maintenance...check
Routes planned....check

Let's ride! :BLAA:

Mark, glad to hear you're healing up well, I really hope you can join us for dinner on Friday. And the drink offer still stands. :thumbup:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New saddlebags today..check
Pre ride bike maintenance...check
Routes planned....check

Let's ride! :BLAA:

TechSpec tank pad & grips installed...check
Triumph OEM tail bag kit installed...check
10W50 oil top off...check