No one wants to by my bike...so the streetfighter project continues

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
update? update?

Just fabricating the Sub-frame out of aluminum billet in the garage. It takes a while because I don't have a CNC machine so I am reduced to a Drill Press, Chop Saw with Aluminum cutting blade, and various hand tools.

I have been cleaning up and powder coating various parts but I don't want to show them until the "Reveal!"

I am hoping to have the bulk of the project completed by the end of June :thumbup:

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Just fabricating the Sub-frame out of aluminum billet in the garage. It takes a while because I don't have a CNC machine so I am reduced to a Drill Press, Chop Saw with Aluminum cutting blade, and various hand tools.

I have been cleaning up and powder coating various parts but I don't want to show them until the "Reveal!"

I am hoping to have the bulk of the project completed by the end of June :thumbup:

nice. inspiring work so far nonetheless.

let me know if you want to do the r6 swinger on mine after you get the kinks ironed out :)

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice :thumbup:
Looking forward to see the pictures with it mounted...

That's going to be a WICKED bike :drool:

Grtz,

Degake

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin Good!
Still looking forward to hearing that stubbed exhaust! You want me to break it in for you? :D

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome. I admire the work you have done so far. Your thread is officially the first one I have ever subscribed to; I'm looking forward to more updates.

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
:rolleyes:

After several years as a daily commuter and weekend wild rider, I stripped it all down to clean it (http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/18025-i-saw-her-naked.html). I liked the look of it without the fairing and given what I had seen wolfman, wavex and many other forum members do to their bikes I decided to go naked.

To that end I looked at alot of naked bikes and decided to photoshop my vision of what I wanted (see below). I have spent approximately the last 2 1/2 years working on it when I could as it was still my daily commuter up until last month.

picture.php
wow great job, she looks sweets, dont like your headlight tho, it looks weedy in comparison.
but the seat looks great, out of interest, wheres the tail light?
probably at left side, but i think it under the seat would look great plus safer too :)

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont know if you finished your exhaust yet?
if not the xj6 exhaust looks like it would compliment your look

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Your ride look sick! Agree with STE... Gotta do the mid ship exhaust! I have 2 stock exhaust coming back my way from customer (sold 2 last week) I'll see if I can ship one your way to see if it fit.

Your doing a great job!

cable

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious as to how you mounted the rear shock. I would love to do the r6 swingarm swap myself but have pretty limited fab skills. Awesome build, you're my hero.

Last edited: