No end of season ride :(

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
So my plans for an end of season ride to Crater lake with my father this weekend had to be cancelled thanks to the Honda that ran the stop sign and sideswiped me.:spank: I was making a left hand turn, after stopping at the stop sign, when the driver in the oncoming lane pulled a California stop and made a right hand turn right into me. Guy was so absent minded that he actually came up from behind me and hit me with his front tire/side mirror while not even noticing me blasting my horn. I tried leaning/pushing harder, but at such a low speed I had no were to go. Damage seems minimal, mostly small scrapes and nicks (the EOS extended slider performed perfectly), but somehow my mirror snapped off when it hit his vehicle. I was all geared up and walked away with only a sore knee from landing on it and a small scrape and my helmet showing a little character from the pavement when I rolled away for the bike and vehicle.:thumbup:. Bikes already down at the shop and both his insurance and mine have been notified, now it's just the waiting game. Lesson learned, cagers be crazy!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, that sucks but I'm glad you came out relatively ok.
Cagers are out to get us all....:Flip:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're ok.

Don't know if it's the same in the US as it's in the UK but can you claim for a new helmet too? Seeing as it's their fault.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very glad to know you're not hurt and nice to know that bike damage is minimal.

You should have known that cagers are *crazy* before this has happened. OK.. not really crazy, but more like oblivious to their surroundings. Hopefully you learned something else from this too. Don't over-analyze it, but ask yourself if there was anything you could have done differently to avoid the crash.

Should not take more than a minute to answer that question. Make a mental note of your answer and move on :thumbup:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear, but glad you're okay. You should be able to claim a new helmet and any gear that might have been damanged. Your claim should not be limited to the bike only.

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
The only piece of personal gear that took any damage was my helmet when I rolled away from the bike and his vehicle. I told both insurances about it. His sounded like they were going to cover it and mine said that if his didn't they would. So glad I switched insurances this year. The last company I went through was charging more for liability only then I'm paying, now, for full coverage plus personal protection.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man so sorry to hear that. Cagers are evil! Glad you did not get any major injuries and the bike is not mashed up bad. Like Eirc says just move on and learn from this mishap. I did that ride two weeks ago and timed it perfect. Awesome weather ( However rather hot 97+ ). I should have called you as I rode alone on that trip.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry about your tumble but glad you're OK.

It seems as though people everywhere are becoming more selfish and self-centered. They have no clue of anyone around them and the consequences of their own actions or behaviour nor do they seem to care. More reason for us to be on our game and ready for just about anything at anytime.

Ok, off my soapbox now and going back to work now! :thumbup: